Hey folks — we just finalized the list of seminars for this year’s Middle School Ministry Campference. As usual, it’s going to totally rock!
It’s coming up super fast (October 13 – 15), and late rates kick in this coming Sunday. So get your reg on!
- Kenny & Elle Campbell — 4 Habits to Help Middle Schoolers Grow Spiritually (Dialogue)
- Scott Rubin – TBD
- Crystal Kirgiss — Doodling, Copying, and Other Sacred Bible Disciplines (Active Learning)
- Heather Flies — How to Effectively Minister to Middle School Parents (Seminar)
- Ashley Bohinc — How To Move Your Middle School Small Groups From Sitting To Serving (Seminar)
- Marko — A Model for Change and Spiritual Discernment (Seminar)
- Katie Edwards — Walking Middle Schoolers Through Difficult Times (Dialogue)
- Alan Ramsey — Making the Most of Key Transitions: Before & After MSM (Seminar)
- Crystal Kirgiss — Women Leading Boys (Seminar)
- Kurt Johnston — Multi-Site Youth Ministry (Dialogue)
- Heather Flies & Crystal Kirgiss — Women in YM (Dialogue)
- Matty McCage — Making All-In Disciples (Seminar)
- Kenny & Elle Campbell — 7 Ways to Grow Your Volunteers This Year (Seminar)
- Ashley Bohinc — Making Events More Strategic in Middle School Ministry (Active Learning)
- Adam McLane — Tuning In: Know when to tune in and when to tune out (Seminar)
- Heather Flies: Nemesis or Partner: How to Minister with a High School Pastor and Not Go Insane (Dialogue)
- Ashley Bohinc — When Athletics Get in the Way of Youth Group Attendance (Dialogue)
- Katie Edwards — How Do We Minister to Millennial Parents (How Parent Ministry is Changing) (Dialogue)
- Alan Ramsey — Modeling Your Faith Journey to Students (Dialogue)
- Kurt Johston — Becoming a Leader People Want To Follow (Dialogue)
Starting this Fall I’m helping our missions partner, Praying Pelican Missions, get started in Tijuana and northern Baja, basically within 2 hours of the San Diego border.
Continue reading TAKE THE SURVEY: Help Us Do Mexico Missions Right
Details at a glance:
- January 9 – 11
- Orange County CA
- All-inclusive price: $300 – $365
There has been an explosion of churches moving to a multi-site approach in the last few years. Understandably, a church’s decision to move to a multi-site approach is rarely (if ever) driven by the mission of the youth ministry. And as such, youth workers in these churches are often scrambling to figure out best practices, formats and structures, success metrics, and all sorts of other variables.
Continue reading Announcing the Multi-Site Church Youth Ministry Campference
The Youth Ministry Coaching Program changes lives. For reals. Here are a couple of the most recent responses we’ve received from people who just completed the program:
Continue reading update on available spaces in the Youth Ministry Coaching Program
Note: Do to the nature of my trip and in an effort to protect the privacy of my hosts I’m not able to share specifics in this format. If you have specific questions about my trip please contact me via email.
“I’m so happy to be here, I never thought I’d have the opportunity to visit with you.” This is all I could come up with last Sunday when handed the microphone. I never even considered visiting Cuba as a possibility so I had no idea what to expect.
So what did I discover? Here are some snapshots.
Continue reading 6 Nights in Cuba
The Youth Ministry Coaching Program is the oldest and most developed youth ministry development program on the block. After more than seven years, and 380 graduates and current participants, we’ve seen massive transformation in the individual lives of youth workers and the ministries they lead.
Continue reading Onramps: A Youth Ministry Coaching Program Cohort for Newer Youth Workers
If you’ve wondered about joining the ranks of the 380 graduates and current participants of our Youth Ministry Coaching Program, 2017 would be a fantastic year to jump in. We have so many cohorts forming at this time, and there are opportunities all over the country.
Here’s an update on the status of currently-forming cohorts:
Continue reading Status of currently-forming YMCP cohorts
Julia Bauman is nursing her four-week old son when I call her, so in between I hear adorable little sighs of a precious baby. It’s the perfect picture of her life as a youth pastor and a new mom—a life that turned out so much better than she could have ever dreamed, thanks to an unexpected call three years ago. “It was really a dream come true,” Julia says. Continue reading When God Makes a Youth Pastor’s Dream Come True
During the past couple of weeks the news cycle has been dominated by heated discussion about immigration and refugees. When things like this come up we at The Youth Cartel begin to ask youth workers if the teenagers in their ministries are talking about these things to them and if they feel equipped to have a meaningful, Jesus-focused discussion.
Continue reading Free Resource: Refugee Discussion Guide
Ginny Scott has made a decision many of us can’t even imagine. And now that she’s done it, she knows it was a ‘God-thing’, completely Spirit-led. “I couldn’t make this up,” she says. “It’s not humanly possible.” What prompted her to make such a massive change in her life? Continue reading How One Youth Pastor Was Prompted to Make a Life-Changing Decision