We love helping churches, business, publishers, and ministries understand and reach teenagers, young adults and youth workers. Whether it’s one day of input and dreaming, a longer process of helping you think about needed change, a particular project, or a long-term retainer, this stuff is right in our wheelhouse.
Whether you’re a church wrestling with youth ministry questions, a ministry trying to connect with teenagers or youth workers, or a business with questions about teenagers, we can help you. We have a track record of happy clients who have benefited from our input and ideas, and we’re now poised to help with the execution of ideas also.
A few examples:
- We led a day of dreaming about the future for Fuller Youth Institute, resulting in a clarification of priorities and vision, and an actionable list of next steps.
- We worked with a large church that seemed to have no 20-somethings actively engaged. We did a deep dive into the causes, identifying blind spots and areas of strength, making a list of recommendations. That church has now hired us to provide ongoing coaching to their four pastoral team members who are under 30.
- We worked with MailChimp, an email marketing company, to help them gain a greater understanding of the Christian market.
- We worked with another church over the period of a year, helping them embrace change, work toward staff collaboration, and make some much-needed staff changes.
- Spoke on behalf of Brainpark (an enterprise solution for collaborative workplaces) at an industry event, tested their product and gave feedback, and advised them on the possible acquisition of an events company.
With writing and marketing skill sets, a deep understanding of teenagers, young adults and youth workers, and a background in publishing, we help publishers and other organizations develop resources that meet real needs.
A few examples:
- We helped Tyndale Publishers imagine a new Bible targeted at young adults. Then Tyndale contracted with us to develop the idea and function as the general editor, working to create more than 400 elements with 140 writers and 10 photographers.
- We represent about a dozen up-and-coming writers for the youth and youth ministry world as literary agents, developing their proposals and finding the right publishers. These authors include: Paul Martin, Lars Rood, Michael Novelli, Len Kageler, Steve Case, Brooklyn Lindsey, and others.
- We contracted with Barefoot Ministries (Nazarene Publishing House) to develop Slant33, an online conversation on youth ministry issues, identifying and recruiting a team of 20 contributors, developing the questions, and hosting the dialogue.
Every organization has different needs. What makes The Youth Cartel unique is our ability to adapt and build teams to meet your organizations needs. Whether you need help executing a small project or need us to manage a team of contractors for a major campaign, we can create a plan to meet your goals.
A few samples:
- We advised Journey Community Church on a redevelopment of their church website, eventually leading to a contract for web development.
- We helped a missions agency, Adventures in Missions, reframe their marketing strategy to reach youth pastors, and hosted two initiatives involving key bloggers and social media to promote awareness of what AIM has to offer youth workers and church leaders in general.
- We helped The Marin Foundation establish an online identity, including web design and development, social media strategy, and ongoing marketing consultation.