YOUTH PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
New Life Bible Fellowship Church in Oley, PA, is seeking a shepherd-hearted man to care for the souls of our 7th-12th-graders, and the volunteers who minister to them. We currently have a full-time youth pastor who will eventually be transitioning into another ministry role within the church. Ideally, the incoming youth pastor would serve for a period of time alongside our current youth pastor, allowing for a smooth transition of leadership, as the current youth pastor gradually assumes other responsibilities.
Full-time. Pastoral staff. Exempt position.
- Reporting To
- Principle Function
The youth pastor is responsible for promoting the mission of New Life Bible Fellowship Church in the lives of our 7th – 12thgraders. Our mission is to glorify God by introducing people to New Life in Christ, and to equip believers to grow into mature disciple-makers.
- Essential Duties
- Serve as primary teaching pastor for youth ministry, with an emphasis on expository preaching/teaching
- Recruit, disciple, equip and collaborate with adult youth staff volunteers
- Establish and maintain personal relationships with individual students in order to minister, disciple, and present Christ by means of maintaining availability as a friend and counselor
- Maintain communications with parents of youth
- Develop and plan outreach opportunities both locally and as part of a global outreach program
- Oversee a student ministry budget
- General pastoral ministries, including visitation, counseling, teaching etc.
- Qualifications for the Position:
- Confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and demonstrate a vibrant and growing personal walk with Jesus.
- Meet biblical qualifications found in Titus 1:6-9, 1 Tim. 3:2-7, 1 Peter 5:2-3, including being biologically male.
- Be able to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Be able to communicate the Scriptures with depth and in an engaging way.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Be in agreement with the Articles of Faith of the Bible Fellowship Church (https://www.bfc.org/who-we-are/articles-of-faith/).
- Have served in a ministry position, either paid or unpaid for at least two years (bachelor’s or master’s degree from a Bible school/seminary/college preferred)
- Have demonstrated an ability to connect with teens.
- Subscribe to a philosophy of ministry that exalts the sufficiency of the inerrant Scriptures for all of life and godliness.
- If he has a family, he must demonstrate maturity in his leadership at home.
- Ideally, he would be highly relational, but also able to get tasks done well.
VII. Physical Demands
- Be able to stand for up to 1 hour at a time
- Be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Be able to stand, stoop, and kneel around office equipment
- Be able to navigate stairs
- Be able to hear well
- Be able to speak clearly for up to 3 hours
- Be able to see a computer font of 10 pts. and greater
- Be able to work with a computer for extended periods of time
VIII. Additional Information
The leadership of New Life would feel generally at home in ministry circles like the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors, the Gospel Coalition, IXMarks, the Christian Counseling and Education Foundation, and Crossway.
To apply for this position please submit cover letter, resume, and completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
E-mail the above e-mail to receive an application.
New Life Bible Fellowship Church
2960 W Philadelphia Ave
April 4, 2022