Faith Covenant Church has a rich history of over 100 years in the Metro Detroit area. Today we are a church of 350 plus attenders and growing, who worship together over the course of 2 services each weekend both in person and online. We are a chronologically, socially, and economically diverse community that is seeking to reach people from all walks of life and help them to be transformed by Jesus Christ. Our mission, based on the Great Commission, is to help people Connect to God in relationship, Grow together to become more like Jesus, and to Serve God in our church and in the world. We are currently seeking a Pastor of Student Ministries to join our team!
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set and implement annual goals for Student Ministry designed to set the hearts of students on fire for Jesus as they connect with Him in relationship, grow to become more like Him, and are empowered to serve Him in their church and community.
- Lead and or coordinate weekend and mid-week programing for middle-school and high-school ministries.
- Lead Student Ministry mission trips, retreats, and other special events.
- Develop and implement a plan of evangelism and connections for students in the communities that surround FCC.
- Develop and implement a discipleship plan for the students of FCC.
- Develop and implement a plan that empowers the students of FCC to discover and use their spiritual gifts.
- Provide pastoral care for the students and families of students of FCC.
- Recruit, train, and sustain volunteers to serve in the Student Ministry program.
- Develop a partnership with parents that empowers them in the spiritual development of their students.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
- Has a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, and is committed to professional development, servant leadership, healthy relationships, and being one in the spirit with the leadership and mission of FCC.
- Be a competent teacher of the scriptures, leader of volunteers and teams, and shepherd to students and their families.
- Demonstrates previous success and an ongoing ability in leading a Student Ministry.
- Is a self-motivated team player with a demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with other pastors, church lay leaders, and volunteers.
- Demonstrates previous success and an ongoing ability in recruiting, training, and sustaining teams and volunteers.
- College degree in a related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- Credentialed, or able to be credentialed, with in Evangelical Covenant Church.
- 3 or more years of vocational ministry experience preferred.
To express an interest in this position please send a resume highlighting the above qualifications and video or audio of your preaching to email@example.com
Faith Covenant Church
Evangelical Covenant Church
35415 W 14 Mile Rd
May 2, 2022