Hillcrest Covenant Church – Youth Pastor
Hillcrest Covenant Church is seeking a full-time Youth/Student Pastor who is committed to Jesus Christ, to the mission of the church, and to engaging with middle school (grades 6-8) and high school (grade 9-12) students and their families in life-on-life discipleship. Below is a brief description of the type of person and the qualifications we will be looking for in our next Youth/Student Pastor.
JOB DESCRIPTION –
• Humble, mature, and growing relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
• Demonstrated godly lifestyle, evidenced by the fruit of the Spirit, distinguished by an increasing daily dependence on God.
• Deep commitment to his/her calling to serve the local church in pastoral ministry.
• Seeks and maintains relationships and disciplines, in the context of active participation at Hillcrest Covenant Church.
• Ensures that all ministry is designed and carried out with a dependence on prayer that takes place out of the overflow of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Proven track record of exceptional leadership skills.
• Demonstrated competency in training youth and adult leaders for team ministry.
• Experience connecting older and younger generations with the current youth generation.
• Able to cast vision for reaching kids in our community with the love of Jesus Christ.
• Experience recruiting and placing volunteers into direct ministry.
• Experience developing volunteer youth workers, providing resources and experiences needed to implement the vision.
• Develop and implement trainings (new volunteer training, parent seminars, mission trips, ongoing small group leader training, etc.).
• Proven competency in leading and equipping youth ministry interns.
• Passion and call to introduce youth/students to Jesus and help them grow in their faith.
• Has an eagerness to nurture youth/students through incarnational, relationship-based ministry that helps them to feel seen, known and loved.
• Ability to articulately teach his/her own faith, the truths of the Scriptures, and the foundational principles of Christianity.
• Ongoing student of youth/modern culture who understands adolescents’ physical, mental, and emotional development and their social environment.
• Passion for reaching and discipling youth for Jesus Christ not only in the church but in our local community as well.
• Experience and understanding of family-based youth/student ministry that incorporates parents and siblings.
• Unswervingly committed to the statement of faith, values, mission and policies of Hillcrest Covenant Church and the Evangelical Covenant Church.
• Committed to serving as an integral part of the ministry team of the congregation, sharing in other responsibilities (such as pastoral care, preaching, and other areas) as designated by the lead pastor or the Hillcrest Governance Board.
• Demonstrated administrative skills necessary to oversee, direct, delegate, and evaluate the work of the youth ministry.
• 5+ years of impactful full-time youth ministry experience.
• Educational requirements – Bachelor’s degree, MDiv/MA desired
• Credentials within the Evangelical Covenant Church or willing to work toward obtaining
Hillcrest Covenant Church
Evangelical Covenant Church
8801 Nall Avenue, Prairie Village, Kansas
February 3, 2022