Impact Church is seeking a full-time youth pastor to lead the discipleship opportunities for young persons from 6th-12th grades. Impact Church is a fast-paced setting with an evolving daily environment that requires its leaders to be flexible and inventive. The responsibilities of this role center on encouraging the care of and Christian growth for middle school and high school students. This position is expected to lead and is crucial to the growth, stability, and maintenance of NxT-G as it pertains to ages 12-18 and the overall church.
NxT-G Ministries at Impact Church encompasses all children, students, young adults, and their families. The youth pastor knows, understands, plans, and executes as a part of a strategic team that includes the NxT-G Pastor and the Children’s Pastor.
Primary responsibilities for the position include:
- Committing heart, soul, effort, and focus to the youth program and its development
- Leading with innovation and creativity from singular program plans to overarching scope, sequence, and structure of the ministry
- Developing positive relationships with youth and their parents
- Recruiting, training, and scheduling staff and volunteers effectively
- Fostering relationships with partner schools, their staff, and their students
- Assisting with and maintaining the NxT-G budget as well as organizing other administrative responsibilities
Qualifications for this position are:
- Post-high school education and/or experience serving with youth, young adults, and teams, specifically in ministry or a related field of study
- Proficient understanding and grounding in pre-adolescent, adolescent, and early adulthood stages of life (from 12-18 years of age)
- Resourceful, readily demonstrating expertise in a variety of youth ministry concepts, practices, procedures, styles, and approaches
- Comfortable utilizing technology, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive Applications, and social media platforms
- Must exhibit spiritual maturity, self-awareness, and cultural competence across many dimensions of diversity
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally to a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a strong, independent work ethic
Qualified candidates should send their resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com.
United Methodist Church
2323 Sylvan Road
June 27, 2021