Richwoods Christian Church is seeking a Youth Pastor to join our Family Ministry team and provide overall leadership to our student ministry, 6th – 12th grade. We are looking for a someone who loves the Church and is passionate about creating a culture where students encounter Jesus, experience His transforming power, and live on mission.
Our Ideal Candidate …
- – Is recognizably humble and passionate
- – Intentionally pursues their own spiritual formation
- – Is committed to working in a team environment
- – Inspires, empowers, and equips students and volunteer leaders on their team
- – Communicates well, both verbally and in writing (including upfront speaking abilities)
- – Understands the importance of intergenerational relationships for the health of the
- – Understands the unique challenges parents face in today’s changing culture and is
committed to walking with them
- – Prioritizes family discipleship as essential to effective youth ministry
- – Recognizes and is capable of engaging with post-Christian culture
- – Is committed to reimagining what youth ministry and the larger church can be in the
- – Approaches ministry through a relational focus
- – Has previous ministry experience and is committed to building a discipleship-focused
- – Recognizes the crucial importance and unique challenges of training young people to
be Jesus’ disciples for the rest of their lives
ABOUT RICHWOODS CHRISTIAN CHURCH
Richwoods Christian Church is a church community in Peoria, IL of approximately 600 that is focused on the mission of helping people find and follow Christ. We want to be known as a prayer saturated church who makes disciples who make disciples. We desire to filter all ministry through our seven values, to learn more about these check out our website (https://www.richwoods.org/about-us/).
If you’re interested in applying, please check out more about us on our website (richwoods.org/about-us). If you would like to talk further, please send a Cover Letter and Resume to Mary Beth Burrell at email@example.com. Looking forward to talking to you soon!
The Youth Pastor is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth, formation, and development of all students (6th grade to 12th grade). The role includes but is not limited to curriculum development (or selection), volunteer recruitment and development, student groups leadership/management, and operational and ethical management necessary to ensure successful and safe environments and special events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create welcoming, dynamic, and purposeful teaching environments for jr. high and sr. high students (weekly meetings, camps/retreats, opportunities to engage community, etc.).
- Curriculum and activity development and/or approval.
- Work with Family Pastor and Discipleship Team to develop a pathway for students to
engage in the journey of discipleship in line with Richwoods Christian Church ministry
- Work with Children’s Ministry Director and Family Pastor to develop leaders, plan and
teach a 4th/5th grade ministry.
- Develop, coordinate, and manage operational and ethical systems (ensuring safety as
a priority when it comes to classrooms and special events for kids).
- Maintain updated database on the Community Church Builder platform.
- Provide pastoral care to Richwoods Christian Church students and families.
- Facilitate the participation and integration of students in the larger community life of
Richwoods Christian Church.
- Oversee, recruit, train, supervise and pastor all student ministry volunteers.
- Create regular rhythms of training and communication for student ministry volunteers.
- Champion the ministry of each student ministry volunteer through celebrating wins and
coaching through areas of growth.
- Process and follow through on background checks for all Richwoods student ministry
- Regularly communicate with parents/guardians/families about student ministry.
- Resource parents/guardians/families with tools to help disciple their students and
better understand student development.
- Champion parents/guardians/families as the primary disciple-makers of their students.
General Pastoral Expectations:
• Align with Richwoods Christian Church ministry philosophy and values.
• Agree with, and adhere to, the leadership structure of Richwoods Christian Church. • Collaborate with, and bring vision and energy to, the Family Ministry Team.
• Respond to all staff/volunteer concerns in a timely manner. • Attend staff meeting.
• Attend Family Ministry Team meetings.
• Attend weekend services.
DESIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus.
- Experience successfully leading, recruiting and developing a team of volunteers.
- Experience integrating spiritual formation into student development.
- Enthusiasm and passion to help students find and follow Jesus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Vision-driven and action-orientated with an inherent desire to achieve exceptional
- Self-starter who is organized and responsible.
Richwoods Christian Church
8115 N Knoxville Road Peoria IL 61615
May 18, 2021