We are a Non-Denominational Community Church running 1,000 plus congregants weekly. Our combined Middle School and Senior High Youth Ministry runs from 80 to 100 weekly.
The following is a list of job responsibilities, skills, and expectations required for the
Full-Time Youth Pastor position for Church of the Savior.
The primary responsibility of the youth pastor:
- Carry the vision of the church into youth ministry
- Provide spiritual leadership to our 6th-12th grade students
- Recruit, train, and lead adult volunteers for various roles in youth ministry
- Implement Middle School and High School ministry programs designed to raise up youth to maturity in Jesus Christ through worship, education, mission trips, service, and fellowship.
- Create and maintain safe, age appropriate, relevant, and engaging teaching environments for all ages of youth.
- Discover, grow, and utilize the leadership skills of student’s 6th grade and up to equip teens to move into “adult church” and serve and minister within the church.
- Actively seek out youth and build relationships with them and their parents
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings
- Work as needed with other staff in ministry and on assigned projects
- Be open to occasional additional responsibilities on an as needed basis, etc.
The youth pastor must possess a variety of skills:
- Preaching, teaching, and counseling students from scripture.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, especially as it pertains to building relationships with youth and their parents.
- Good Conflict Management skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Solid time management skills
- Proficient computer skills including understanding of social media platforms, desktop publishing, and some video editing skills.
- Understanding of church management software, Elexio, would be a plus, but not a requirement.
The youth pastor is expected to live:
- A growing vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ
- A life of prayer, integrity, purity, and holiness.
- Practicing the spiritual principles advocated to youth
- A life of clear calling to minister to youth and their families.
The youth pastor is expected to:
- Be a self-motivated leader with a servant’s heart.
- Possesses a team-oriented attitude with the flexibility and adaptability needed for an environment that is subject to spur on the moment changes. Be a team player.
- Be loyal to the vision and staff of the church and always protect the unity of the church.
- Be present at all Sunday Worship Services to be available to teens, their families, and guests.
- Lead the spiritual formation process of middle and high school students.
- Develop and maintain a mission mindset in growing the ministry.
- Have a clear calling and passion for ministering to students and their families.
- Develop healthy relationships with parents and guardians of all youth
- Provide resources for parents to assist in their growth as Christian parents.
- An undergraduate degree in Youth Ministry, Christian Education, or equivalent would be helpful.
- The candidate should believe in, and experienced the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, and believe that all the Gifts of the Holy Spirit are for today.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in leading youth ministry. (We are a church of over 1,000 and running a youth ministry of 100 youth)
- Ability to participate with youth in physical activities.
- Have a valid driver’s license and auto insurance with a good driving record and ability to drive a passenger van. (Proof of DL and insurance is required.)
We are accepting Resume’s from May 20 to June 20. All Resume’s will be reviewed, and we will contact you by the end of June if we are interested in setting up a zoom interview. We plan to be hiring on or before August 1, 2020.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Church of the Savior
1301 Brannon Road, Nicholasville
May 20, 2020