Pastor of Student Ministries
Village Church is seeking qualified applicants to join its multi-cultural team as Pastor of Student Ministries. Village Church is a 70 year old, intentionally multicultural and multigenerational church in Beaverton, Oregon. Situated in Washington County, the most diverse county in Oregon, Village has over two dozen ethnicities in the congregation with four distinct and intentional, first-generation fellowships.
Village is known for its history with local and global missions, partnership with local non-profit organizations and the city, our ESOL program and much more. Our desire is to be a light among the nations, known for quality Bible education and intentional discipleship.
Team dynamics: The Pastor of Student Ministries will be a vital member of our team. We have been intentional in our efforts to grow our student ministry over the past several years, hired a lead pastor two years ago who is a firm advocate for youth ministry, and sought to unify various ministries to achieve common goals. This position will involve considerable interaction with other members of our staff. Our desire is to help our new Student Ministries Pastor to orient quickly and chart out a path for continued growth and advancement in the ministry, according to their interests and strengths.
We are a mid-sized team with many shared duties. The best candidates for this position will be comfortable in a work environment that requires constant learning, flexibility, proactivity, positivity, and frequent interaction. To learn more about the team, see https://www.villagebeaverton.com/staff-overview/.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The Student Ministries Pastor will oversee a culturally diverse Middle and High School program. This includes recruiting, managing and equipping part-time staff, training, managing and equipping a culturally diverse group of volunteers, and helping disciple students in their Bible knowledge and Christian living. The Student Ministries Pastor may have additional ministry responsibilities assigned by the Lead Pastor.
- Student Ministries
- Create and maintain a strategic plan that supports the vision and direction of a multicultural Student Ministries.
- Develop and manage Student Ministries Budget.
- Develop, facilitate and model an effective teaching strategy.
- Develop, implement and oversee discipleship of students.
- Coordinate and develop opportunities for leadership training and professional development of part-time staff and volunteers.
- Plan and facilitate youth events, which may include camps, retreats, and short-term mission trips.
- Provide spiritual care to youth, their families, and volunteers.
- Manage ministry related communications with the church community at large including non-English speaking members.
- Manage ministry related communications with participating youth and their families/caregivers.
- Provide timely and comprehensive monthly reports to Leadership Team.
- Responsible for all official ministry events and small group gatherings, including being in attendance.
- Participate at all Sunday services.
- Manage ministry volunteers:
- Recruit, train, equip/develop.
- Maintain schedules and assignments.
- Maintain regular communications.
- Pray for, encourage, and spiritually lead volunteers
- Ensure the completion of background checks for all volunteers
- Uphold safety of youth and volunteers
- Manage ministry volunteers:
- Professional Development
- Work alongside a diverse Village staff team
- Attend weekly Staff Meetings and annual Staff Retreat
- Attend Youth Ministries conferences and Student Ministries Training
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Biblical training / degree
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working with youth
- Intercultural education/training, competency and experience
- Ability to administrator/manage
- Ability to train others in administration
- Bilingual preferred
- Experience collaborating and leading a church ministry team
- Understanding of strategic planning and experience in establishing goals, objectives and tasks.
- Effective communicator
- Experience in planning and conducting youth focused events and activities
- Experience in presenting and teaching
The Pastor of Student Ministries Position is a Full-time Staff position. Salary and benefits based on education and experience.
APPLICATION AND INTERVIEW PROCESS:
- To apply, please email your cover letter, resume, and short answers to the following questions as PDF documents. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What does multicultural ministry mean to you?
- What is your philosophy of ministry for youth ministry?
- How would you share the gospel to a middle or high school student?
2. Applicants chosen for a first interview will be notified after January 31, 2020 via email and scheduled for a phone interview. *Applicants who have already applied do not need to re-apply.
3. Applicants chosen for a second interview will be notified via email, asked for references, and scheduled for a group video conference call. They will also receive more detailed information about our church community.
4. Personal and work references will be checked for third interview applicants. Chosen applicants will be invited for a face to face interview with multiple members of our community, likely in Beaverton, Oregon.
5. We will extend a written offer to the top candidate and then seek the official vote by our elder board and, subsequently, the congregation.
For questions and to apply: email@example.com
330 SW Murray Blvd. Beaverton, OR 97005
January 2, 2020