Trinity Christian Center
Youth Pastor Job Description
STATUS: Full-time, Salaried
HOURS: 40 Hours per week
The goal of the Youth Ministry is to build disciples for Christ, equipping them to share their faith with others. The mission of discipleship in relational environments is a key component of youth ministry. The Youth Pastor will develop and inspire youth to become leaders in their church and their community.
The Youth Pastor reports to the Senior Pastor for spiritual and ministry guidance. The Senior Pastor provides an annual evaluation of the Youth Pastor’s performance.
- Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry.
- Mentor youth in developing their leadership skills.
- Stay abreast of new resources and changes in youth ministry and youth culture and adjust our programming as needed to maintain a current and effective program.
- Share these changes with the parents to assist them in better understanding their youth and the culture they live in.
- Participate in continuing education events and training opportunities.
- Recruit and train volunteers to serve in various aspects of youth ministry
- Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth ministries.
- Coordinate curriculum for youth Jr and Sr high youth and recruit youth leaders to assist with the weekly teaching and mentoring the youth.
- Work in partnership with schools in the area to effectively reach youth in the community and develop a strategic ministry outreach plan.
- Keep records of youth participation and manage the youth ministry budget.
- Communicate with the youth and parents in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulletin, newsletter, texting, etc.)
- Be available to encourage, challenge, and counsel the youth towards effective lives as followers of Jesus (i.e. lunch at school, after school visits, attendance at extracurricular activities, home visitations, and support during times of crisis, etc.)
- Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a strong teamwork mentality.
- Attend all Staff meetings
- Responsible for management, planning, and utilization of equipment, supplies, and facilities specifically related to youth ministry
- Potential preaching on an occasional basis to be agreed on by Senior Pastor
- Clear, observable commitment to Jesus Christ
- A relational and pastoral heart
- Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry within the parameters of the church.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Must have a proven ability to work effectively with youth, young adults, parents, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
- Must be willing to develop his preaching and teaching ability.
- Must have the ability to equip and then release others for service.
- Must have a demonstrated passion for youth ministry, a sense of calling by God, and spiritual gifts consistent with teaching and administration.
- Must endorse and support the Doctrinal and statement of beliefs of Trinity Christian Center, be willing to annually reaffirm that agreement
Please send an email to the Senior Pastor, Corey Potts at email@example.com with the subject line “Youth Pastor Application” with the following attachments:
- Your resumé
- A recent photo of you (and your family if you wish)
- A statement, no longer than one page, on your philosophy of youth ministry.
- A statement of personal beliefs and testimony
Trinity Christian Center
18687 Pribble Rd Lawrenceburg, IN
December 14, 2019