Fairfield Christian church is growing. We are looking for our next Youth Pastor to continue the growth and development of the Wave Student Ministry here in Lancaster, Ohio.
As we transition our current youth pastor to an associate pastor role, we are looking for someone to lead our student ministry to the next level. Having a large Christian school on campus provides a unique opportunity for our youth pastor to minister each and every day without leaving the building.
Our multi-generational church has made student ministry a priority as we move forward in fulfilling our vision: Impacting every generation with the truth of Jesus Christ.
The ideal candidate will possess:
– A desire for a long-term student ministry position
– College degree focused on ministry/Bible
– Experience managing volunteer leaders
– Experience running a ministry of 25+ students
Youth Ministry Responsibilities
- Disciple students to love God and love people.
- Teach students from God’s Word on a weekly basis.
- Plan, develop and lead student ministry programming.
- Encourage spiritual habits in students, parents and leaders.
- Create engaging teaching series to equip and challenge students.
- Plan ministry events to develop community, providing opportunities for evangelism, and challenging students to grow in their relationship with God.
- Communicate with students and parents about upcoming events, training and plans.
- Develop small groups for students to build relationships and cultivate spiritual growth among students.
- Execute summer camps, mission trips and weekend retreats.
- Recruit, train, equip and encourage student ministry volunteers with diverse gifts and personalities.
- Develop relationships with students and parents.
- Provide training and resources for parents on a regular basis.
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction for students and parents.
- Support and encourage parents as they disciple their students.
- Develop and oversee the youth ministry budget.
- Integrate student ministry into all phases of church life with the goal of developing a multi-generational church.
- Work with staff to keep student ministry at the forefront of the church’s plan and vision for the future.
- Track attendance and follow up using the church database.
- Follow–up with visitors and missing students on a weekly basis.
- Develop relationships with staff and students at Fairfield Christian Academy.
- Speak in Chapel.
- Be available to students and families for counseling and guidance.
- Support and encourage school staff.
- Lead the church as part of the Directional Team.
- Support other ministries in the church through collaborative efforts.
- Assist in pastoral duties as needed.
- Maintain office hours.
Does this sound like you? Please send the following things to Scott Stem, Youth Pastor (email@example.com)
– Resume with references
– Family Picture
– Recent Teaching Video
Fairfield Christian Church
1965 N. Columbus St. Lancaster, Ohio 43130
June 13, 2019