COVENANT OF CALL
Minister to Youth and Young Families
First Christian Church
202 S. Kansas
Cherokee, OK 73728
(Please send resume’s too: email@example.com)
Direct, plan, continue, and build upon the ministry to youth and their families with the support of other adults.
- Have an active, ongoing, and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Have a passion & desire to minister to youth & their families in Jesus’ name.
- Have or working towards a bachelor’s degree in Biblical studies or similar field.
- Be willing to be licensed as a minister in the Disciples of Christ.
- Be creative, dedicated, and a team player as you use your gifts in this ministry.
- Model the faith of a Christian lifestyle that demonstrates good judgement, one that children and youth can look up too.
- Be continually learning and teachable, willing to continue their education.
COVENANT TO THESE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a spiritual leader to the congregation, particularly youth and young families.
- Lead our Elementary Thursday After School program (25 students), and our Middle & High School program on Wednesday Nights (20 students) with the purpose of seeing kids grow in their faith.
- Lead the Youth Leadership Team Wednesdays after school regularly.
- Coordinate and administer congregational gatherings such as our Hayride, Youth Fundraisers (twice a year), Youth Sundays, All-Church Birthday Party, Summer Swim Party, etc.
- Participate and coordinate Summer Camp, retreats, VBS, youth service projects and other special events regarding our youth program.
- Meet 2-3 times a year with volunteers to plan, vision, pray and fellowship.
- Provide material about events for the Newsletter once a month, report to the Board monthly, meet weekly with the elders Sunday morning for prayer, & the Education Committee quarterly.
- Attend church weekly, participating in worship such as the children’s sermon, announcements and offering meditation. Preaching as desired.
- Be an active presence in the community: attending youth sports events, lunch, etc.
WE WILL COVENANT WITH THE ASSOCIATE MINISTER WITH THE FOLLOWING:
Benefits: Free Parsonage (you pay utilities), Retirement, Individual Health Insurance, Continuing Education (towards a Bachelors/Master degree or further education), Mileage
Senior pastor is available on request as mentor and coach for the position, for seminary work, friend.
OTHER PROVISIONS: A grievance procedure may be pursued and in conference with the elders. This covenant may be terminated by Associate Minister or by First Christian Church Cherokee within 60 days written notice.
First Christian Church
Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
202 S Kansas, Cherokee OK
April 13, 2019