Youth Pastor/Director Opening – Souderton Mennonite Church, Souderton PA
Starting date: Summer of 2019 (flexible)
Full-time or two half-time positions.
Salary and benefits may EXCEED MCUSA salary guidelines.
We are seeking a fervent Christ-follower who is called to youth ministry and ready to give leadership to a
growing youth ministry that includes middle and high school aged youth and possible ministry with
young adults. We want to see our youth experience and know Jesus, develop a strong foundation in
God’s word and become strong in Christ-like character equipped to share his love with others in ways
that are relevant to changing society; equipped to be agents of change, transformation and
reconciliation in the world.
• Passionate commitment to Jesus Christ, exemplary in character and calling, energetic and
• Training and experience in youth ministry.
• Able to teach the Bible in a way that engages youth and helps them grow.
• Able to teach Anabaptist theology and values.
• Devoted to personal time with God and intercessory prayer
• Plan and implement youth ministry relevant to today’s youth.
• Teach engaging Bible lessons.
• Recruit, train, and give oversight to youth advisers and volunteers.
• Develop strong relationships with the youth.
• Help youth develop as leaders.
• Outreach to youth outside the church.
• Help organize fun activities and adventures for youth!
• Oversee administrative and organizational needs of the youth ministry.
• Assist in worship services as needed and as gifting applies (preaching, worship leading)
• Possible oversight of Vocation as Mission (VAM) a summer intern program for young adults.
Ministry Values: Teamwork, interpersonal relationships, meeting youth where they are, sensitive
missional engagement, humility, listening, caring, strong emphasis on discipleship and mission, personal
relationship with Jesus, fervent prayer, service, involvement and leadership instead of consumerism, the
power of the Holy Spirit, energetic, vision oriented, knowing the word of God.
To apply: Please send an email describing your call to ministry and why you feel that you would be right
for this role along with your resume and a short video (two minutes or less) in which you introduce
yourself to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Attn Youth Pastor Search” in the
Souderton Mennonite Church (SMC) is a growing and exciting fellowship experiencing the
transformational power of Jesus. We desire to sacrificially live out the love of God as we extend
God’s mission to our community and world, helping others know God through loving
relationships, service, and proclamation. Our average Sunday worship attendance is around
325 with more than 500 involved. Our youth ministries include around 80 middle school and
high school youth.
Souderton Mennonite Church
105 W Chestnut St, Souderton, PA 18964
April 12, 2019