DIRECTOR OF YOUTH AND MUSIC MINISTRIES
SouthPoint Church is pleased to announce a full-time position as Director of Youth and Music Ministries. We are an actively growing church in the San Diego area, based in Chula Vista, CA. We invite strong candidates to apply who have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a passion for youth and worship, and a willingness to embrace SouthPoint’s guiding vision. Competitive salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Our church vision is to be a healthy, vibrant Christian community that is devoted to Jesus Christ and His transformation of our lives as we learn to love one another and our community for God’s glory and our fulfillment. We seek to 1) support the spiritual, relational, emotional, and physical health of our youth, and 2) nurture the musical and creative culture at SouthPoint. Our leadership team has extensive experience in youth/music ministry and will thoughtfully and intentionally support and encourage the Director in this role.
Ideal candidates will have or be pursuing a degree in Christian Ministry, Youth Ministry, or Worship Ministry; however, a degree is not required to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree or pursuing such a degree in Christian Ministry or related field
- Experience leading youth in a church setting
- Thorough commitment to Jesus Christ with a desire to serve His church
- Potential for excellence in leading youth and worship
- Willingness to be developed as a leader
Responsibilities as Director of Youth Ministry:
- Invest in middle and high schoolers throughout the week to encourage authentic growth in Christian faith
- Lead weekly High School small group 1 evening/week
- Plan and lead monthly youth meetings for 10-20 combined middle and high schoolers
- Serve as a camp counselor biannually for SouthPoint youth
- Actively promote the growth of this healthy community
- Connect with pastor for on-going mentorship, discipleship, and professional development
Responsibilities as Director of Music Ministry:
- Prepare, arrange, and lead music for the weekly Sunday service: 8am-12pm
- Coordinate weekly rehearsals to develop and refine the worship team
- Participate in monthly Leadership Meetings
- Plan and lead worship sets for special services, such as: Leadership Retreat, All-Church Retreat, Worship Night.
Email your intentions and a resume to SouthPoint at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Leadership Team will contact you to schedule an interview.
Thank you for prayerfully considering this integral role with SouthPoint church!
2710 Otay Lakes Road, Chula Vista, CA 91915
May 18, 2021