The Presbyterian Church of Toms River is an approx. 1000 member church in Toms River, NJ. We are located in Ocean County about 1 hour from both New York City and Philadelphia and just minutes to the Jersey Shore. Our regular programs consist of Breakfast Club on Sunday mornings and CAST (Jr. High) & FISH (HS) Youth Group on Monday nights with approx. 40-50 students attending one of our programs each week. We are blessed with a session, staff, congregation, group of parents and team of volunteers who are very supportive of the youth and youth ministry and are committed to making sure students are loved and cared for.
What we hope YOU will get from a summer internship at PCTR
- Growth in your personal walk with Christ.
- Growth in your ability to minister to students
- A realistic experience of what full-time youth ministry looks like in a church setting
- The opportunity to explore a calling to youth ministry.
What we hope you will bring to this internship
- We hope that your excitement, enthusiasm, gifts and unique life experiences will reach our students in unique and powerful ways as you build relationships and share the gospel of Christ with them.
Qualities we are looking for in applicants
- A personal faith in Jesus Christ
who is pursuing ways to grow in their faith
- A desire to form relationships with students and share the gospel with them.
- Someone who is looking to explore a calling to youth ministry
- Someone who is fun, flexible, teachable, outgoing, engaging and attentive to the needs of others.
What would you be doing?
- Contact work – Getting to know students through making contact with them outside of regular programs (taking them out for coffee, attending their sporting/band/theater events, asking them how they are doing and how you can pray for them, etc.)
- Plan and Lead regular programs with the help of the youth director and volunteer team (Sunday School, Youth Group)
- Plan and Lead special activities with the help of the youth director and volunteer team (service projects, fun events etc.)
- Attend and help with planning for one of the summer trips
- Administrative duties such as publicity, organizing transportation, overseeing a budget, and attending meetings that deal with the youth ministry etc.
About the Internship
Dates: May 29th – August 16th, 2018. Full time.
Transportation: $100 Mileage Reimbursement
Room and Board: Provided by members of the congregation
Positions: There are 2 positions open, ideally one male and one female with both interns working with High School and Jr. High students.
Applications will be received and reviewed on an ongoing basis until we fill the positions so apply early! We hope to have made final decisions by Early April at the latest.
Please email Scott Slawson, Director of Youth Ministry, at email@example.com with any questions.
Presbyterian Church of Toms River
Presbyterian Church USA
1070 Hooper Ave. Toms River, NJ 08753
December 18, 2017