The purpose of this position is twofold. For the intern, this is to be a learning opportunity through relational ministry to students aged 12-17. Interns will also spend time in general ministry activities such as teaching, pastoral care, missions, worship leadership, and small groups. The intern ministry provides the chance for interns to gain practical ministry training, work in an atmosphere of personal and professional guidance and support, test their gifts and call to vocational ministry, and develop spiritually and theologically. The second major objective is to both live and present the gospel to young people in our community of faith and the community at large. Summer is an important time when caring relationships and examples can have lifelong impacts.
The youth intern will be accountable to the Youth Ministry Intern Team and will report to the Director of Young People’s Ministries.
The overall objective is to present and show by example the gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and to encourage them in their growth through the study of scripture, prayer, service, and
Specific activities may include:
- Plan and carry out daily programming activities including but not limited to: Breakfast Club (meets 9 AM daily for worship/teaching/game), Freestyle (Open Gym), The Current (Youth & Young Adult Worship on Sunday), lead a small group of their own, relational beach time, and other events as
- Develop relationships with students, parents, and other staff through individual and group contact, mail, e-mail, and phone,
- Actively participate in regular worship and life of the Ocean Grove Camp Meeting
- Meet weekly with the Youth Ministry Team for prayer, planning, study and
- Maintain personal, spiritual and professional
- Growing personal commitment to Jesus Christ, the body of Christ, and God’s work in the
- Ability to work effectively with students, exhibiting creativity, understanding and
- Ability to verbally articulate personal faith and a biblical world-view.
Full time (approx. 40+ hours per week), 10-week summer assignment, anticipated dates Monday, June 7, 2021 through Monday, August 16, 2021.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
Salary (range $2600 to $3,000 depending upon experience) for the term of the 10-week internship. Living accommodations include staff housing in a studio apartment with same gender Youth Ministry summer staff. Housing is located three (short) blocks from the Atlantic ocean.
Qualified, interested candidates are encouraged
to submit a resume and statement of faith to:
Natalie Stephens Stewart, Program Director
Ocean Grove Camp Meeting Association
United Methodist Church
54 Pitman Avenue Ocean Grove, NJ 07756
February 8, 2021