Community Presbyterian Church – Redmond, Oregon
Position: DIRECTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRY
Approximately 20 hours/week; Compensation DOE
Community Presbyterian Church (CPC) is looking for the next leader of our ministry to youth focused on community, faith, discipleship and service. We are seeking a candidate with a passion for cultivating faith in the next generation with a creative approach to leading youth ministry in a rapidly changing context.
The ideal candidate for this position is:
- Strong in character. We are looking for a person of high integrity, a humble learner, a team player, and a servant leader.
- Deep in faith and formation. We are looking for a committed disciple of Jesus, open to formation by the Spirit, with a hopeful sense of God’s mission in the world.
- Focused on relationships. This is the primary goal and method of ministry. Relationships will be with kids and families, volunteers and our broader community.
- Outreach oriented. We desire a director who will love and connect with the kids we already know and be visibly present in the community beyond the church.
- Creative and adaptable. Come ready to research, learn, experiment, fail, and try again.
- Be prepared to listen and follow where the Spirit is leading, to communicate that vision to kids, families, and mentors and chart a course forward in ministry.
- Gifted in leadership. The director will plan, execute and equip others to serve in youth ministry. They will facilitate challenging conversations and work towards a new vision for next-generation ministry with the whole church.
This Director of Youth Ministry is responsible for the following:
- Develop trusting relationships with kids and families in our church and in our town.
- Lead, develop and execute discipling ministries for middle school and high school kids. Plan and lead the fun, the faith lessons, the events, and the trips.
- Plan and facilitate one annual mission/service trip and one faith-building retreat.
- Use appropriate platforms to communicate with kids, parents, and volunteers.
- Recruit, equip, and engage with mentors (volunteers) to connect with our kids.
- Partner with the Mission Team, worship leaders, a support team, and the pastor to engage youth and families in the full ministries of the church.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area, e.g., ministry, education, or human development.
- Experience in ministry, with recent professional development may suffice.
- Demonstrated ability to lead youth in faith formation and study of scripture.
- Familiarity with current youth culture and adolescent development.
- Effective verbal and written communicator with demonstrated organizational skills.
- Leadership experience with proven adaptability, creativity and innovation.
- Maintain compliance with all state of Oregon and Federal employment law.
- Candidate must pass a drug and alcohol test, and a criminal background check.
This position is supervised by the Senior Pastor and will partner with Director of Kids Ministry, administrative, and worship staff. The director will be responsive to goals of Session, the pastor, and the Elder for Youth and Children. They will be reviewed annually to evaluate performance.
To apply: If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to andrew (at) redmondcpc.org. Please include contact information for at least two professional and two personal references.
Community Presbyterian Church
Presbyterian Church USA
529 NW 19th St, Redmond, Oregon
September 3, 2019