Youth Ministry Coordinator
Hickory United EPC
210 Main Street, Hickory, PA
Applicants please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Church Staff Statement:
A church staff member is a representative of Jesus Christ and our church. They must think of others before self; be ready and eager to be helpful; be willing to go the “extra mile”; be patient in fulfilling all requests; be courteous, kind, and positive at all times. Never should anger, dismay, or a negative attitude be communicated in any way to those we serve.
Because Jesus Christ gave all he had for us, we are to have an attitude of excellence about our duties. Nothing less than 100% commitment and constantly striving to do better than our best, is the hallmark of a Christ-centered attitude toward our vocation.
To be part of the church ministry that helps middle and high school youth and their families to follow Christ and develop a personal relationship with Him.
- Share a passion and excitement for Jesus Christ and to love students where they are and point them to Jesus Christ.
- Disciple students to follow Jesus and effectively communicate God’s Word to them.
- Develop relationships with students and their families.
- Encourage and support the parents of the students.
- Create a safe environment for youth to feel welcome and accepted.
- Develop and lead all youth activities and events including regular youth meetings
- Build, equip, and encourage adult volunteers to love and minister to students by fostering an environment that our youth ministry is an all-church member responsibility.
- Ensure that the appropriate number of chaperones are in attendance at youth events as necessary.
- Oversee the publicity and promotion of youth-related activities.
- Attend all high school and youth events when appropriate.
- Includes interaction with but not limited to: Head of Staff, Personnel, Outreach and Christian Education committees.
- This is a full-time position of 40 hours/week with a flexible work schedule to be determined by activities and events within the church and community.
- Attend regular staff meetings
- Regular Sunday attendance encouraged
- Committed Christian with a passion for youth and their families
- Degree in youth/student ministry preferred
- Fully supportive of the theology of the EPC and the vision of HUEPC
- Able to obtain necessary state and federal clearances to work with youth and children
Hickory United EPC
Evangelical Presbyterian Church of America
210 Main Street Hickory, PA 15340
November 14, 2019