Youth Ministry Coordinator
Be part of a team that loves, leads, and serves youth, families, and our community.
The youth ministry team at Franklin First UMC is growing! We are seeking a full-time Youth Ministry Coordinator to join us in living our mission to: Love God, Love Others, and Live Weird. Use your gifts and skills to build meaningful relationships, create transformational experiences, and equip youth to be disciples of Jesus.
Franklin First United Methodist Church was founded in 1799 in Franklin, TN. The church offers both traditional and modern worship experiences with an average weekly attendance over 1100. FFUMC actively serves our local community as well as globally through a variety of missions programs and relationships. The youth ministry is a vital and thriving part of the church. Regular programs for youth include Sunday morning youth group and Wednesday Night Live small groups. The youth ministry also offers short-term mission trips, retreats, a ski trip, and Discovery Weekend; a middle school retreat led by high school youth. The ministry has over 80 adult volunteers and four paid staff positions.
To be a good fit for our team, you should possess these attributes:
• Creativity: Ability to adapt to effectively reach and minister to youth and their families. Try new methods in order to achieve the mission.
• Cooperative: Committed to being a team member with the youth and church staff and volunteers.
• Relationally Skilled: The ability to initiate and maintain relationships with youth, parents, adult volunteers, and other staff.
• Executor: Proficient in executing and following through on assigned tasks and duties.
• Alignment with United Methodism: Possess a working knowledge of Wesleyan theology and principles. Beliefs should be in alignment with the United Methodist Church.
Franklin First UMC is located just 15 miles south of Nashville in historic Franklin, TN. Our growing town offers Southern charm and hospitality and has won several national awards for being a great place to live and visit. Franklin has many great local restaurants, a variety of events and festivals throughout the year, and a vibrant downtown.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume to Hank Hilliard; Director of Youth Ministries.
Franklin First UMC
120 Aldersgate Way
Franklin, TN 37064
The Youth Ministry Coordinator works with the youth ministries staff team to carry out the mission to Love God, Love Others, and Live Weird. This person brings leadership in the coordination and implementation of youth ministry programs and events and in building relationships with youth and families. This position reports to the Director of Youth Ministries. This position is full-time.
1. Bible Knowledge and the Ability to Translate It: A working understanding of God’s story and the ability to communicate God’s timeless truths in a way that young people understand.
2. Calling to Youth Ministry: A discerned calling to love and serve youth in a local church setting.
3. Empathy: Understanding what youth and their families are going through and how it makes them feel.
4. Influencer: Enjoys the challenge of meeting and connecting with new people. Use their gift for social integration not just to make friends, but to also motivate others toward an action or change.
5. Integrity: Models what it means to follow Jesus in their own life in order for parents to trust them to teach their kids how to follow Jesus.
6. Cooperative: Committed to being a team member with the youth and church staff and volunteers.
7. Relationally Skilled: The ability to initiate and maintain relationships with youth, parents, adult volunteers, and other staff.
8. Strong Communicator: Communicate in a timely manner with clarity and confidence.
9. Alignment with United Methodism: Possess a working knowledge of United Methodist theology and principles. Beliefs should be in alignment with the United Methodist Church.
10. Creativity: Ability to adapt to effectively reach and minister to youth and their families. Try new methods in order to achieve the mission.
11. Adventurous – Willing to try new things or doing things in new ways.
12. Executor: Proficient in executing and following through on assigned tasks and duties. Completes tasks on time with excellence.
13. Professionally Aware: Possess emotional and spiritual maturity. Expectations include: appropriate dress, promptness, meeting deadlines, communicating in a timely manner, and consistent follow through.
1.Provide a welcoming atmosphere for youth and adult leaders by initiating conversations and connecting visitors to active youth group members.
2.Works alongside youth staff and volunteer teams to help coordinate events, fundraisers, and programs.
3.Provides leadership for youth trips. Takes primary leadership for at least one trip per year.
4.Coordinates all aspects of the Sunday morning adult volunteer schedule. Duties include: Collecting and tracking availability, scheduling leaders, sending weekly email.
5.Coordinate monthly Sunday night events working in with youth staff to make sure all aspects of the events are planned, promoted, and executed successfully.
6.Oversee all aspects of celebrating birthdays of youth and adult leaders. This includes: sending birthday cards, coordinating the monthly celebration, and maintain the tag board and café certificates.
7.Primary leader for the 11:15 Roots group.
8.Coordinate Local Mission Projects. Organize and lead monthly local mission project through partner organizations.
9.Provides care, guidance and mentoring to youth while abiding by the Safe Sanctuary Guidelines.
10.Engages regularly with youth and families outside scheduled programming including school, sports activities and informal meet-ups. Uses Safe Sanctuary Guidelines at all times.
11.Coordinates communication to parents, youth, and volunteers about upcoming ministry opportunities through the website, email, social media, and text message service.
12.Connects with and invites MIA (Missing and Inactive) youth to engage with youth group.
13.Helps recruit and secure leaders for all aspects of ministry.
Franklin First United Methodist Church
United Methodist Church
120 Aldersgate Way
April 29, 2019