The Youth Ministries Associate for Connections and Community Outreach helps carry out the youth ministry mission to Love God, Love Others, and Live Weird through engaging with youth and families in the community and helping them to connect to the youth ministry and church.
This is a year-round, part-time position with 20 hours per week on average.
1. Models being a disciple of Jesus through actions, words and lifestyle.
2. Embraces a collaborative approach and works well in a team environment.
3. Demonstrates excellent communication skills with all members of the team including youth, parents and guardians, staff, and volunteers.
4. Exhibits openness and approachability. Enjoys the challenge of meeting new people and connecting with them. Makes young people feel comfortable and valued.
5. Ability to organize a complex schedule of events alongside their personal schedule.
6. Possesses a joyful excitement for youth and their families, the church, and the Word of God.
7. Possesses a working knowledge of United Methodist theology and principles.
While this position requires involvement in regular programming, it is outwardly focused; building relationships with our youth and their families, their friends, the schools, and other churches and organizations.
1. Connects regularly (6-8 hours per week) with youth and families outside scheduled programming including school, sports activities and informal meet-ups. Uses Safe Sanctuary Guidelines at all times.
2. Gathers and organizes schedules for school and community sports and activities. Works with staff to make sure we are meeting our goals of community engagement. Maintains record of contacts made by all youth staff.
3. Leads Friday night pancakes ministry at local high school football games.
4. Seeks opportunities to connect in new ways with the community where our youth and families are present and involved.
5. Builds relationships with leaders in local schools including teachers, coaches, administration, club leaders. Finds appropriate ways to partner with local middle and high schools.
6. Participates in leadership on Sunday mornings as directed by the Director of Youth Ministries. (message, run A/V, small group leader)
7. Serves as a small group leader for a Wednesday Night Live middle school group.
8. Provides leadership for Middle School trips and events as directed by Director of Youth Ministries.
Franklin First UMC
United Methodist Church
120 Aldersgate Way
May 10, 2022