Williams Memorial UMC is looking for an awesome person who loves God and loves students to be our Student Ministry Associate. This person would help provide leadership in the coordination and implementation of youth ministry programming that encourages faith formation and spiritual development in the lives of 6th-12th grade students.
Associate Youth Director
This position is 30-40 hours per week. 10-15 hours for weekly programming Sunday Wednesday and Thursday. Other hours will be set in coordination with Youth Pastor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with leadership of all youth ministry groups and classes as determined in consultation with the youth pastor.
- Make certain all administrative needs of the ministry are being met including forms, budget, receipts, attendance, and contact with students.
- Assist with student ministry care such as birthdays, sympathy cards, care packages.
- Help to build relationships between youth and other groups within the church.
- Help recruit and develop adult volunteers for all aspects of youth ministry.
- Maintain effective communication with youth pastor, parents, student leaders and adult leaders to ensure a team approach to ministry.
- Assist in keeping youth facilities and storage areas neat and organized
- Offer compassionate and caring response to youth and their families in need.
- Assist with online aspects of the ministry including active social media, youtube, videos and promotion of events and the youth group.
- Seek and complete continuing education opportunities designed to enhance knowledge and expand skills associated with this position.
- Assist in planning and execution of summer trips. Attend all as needed.
- Demonstrate a passion for students and possess the ability to work well with them.
- Possess the ability to work concurrently on several projects and activities.
- Display strong skills in leading both small and large groups of youth and adults.
- Have excellent organizational, people and communication skills.
- Familiarity with social media and creating content for online presence.
- Shows commitment to the values, mission and vision of Williams Memorial UMC.
- Demonstrate ability to coordinate and plan events, dinners, fundraisers, and trips.
Williams Memorial United Methodist Church
United Methodist Church
4000 Moores Lane, Texarkana Tx 75503
August 1, 2020