A. Purpose and scope:
- The Student Ministries Assistant supports the Associate Pastor of Student Ministries (APSM) in developing, coordinating, and managing a comprehensive and expanding ministry for Middle School and High School students that offers them the chance to be changed by Jesus to change the world.
- Work with the APSM to plan and oversee the weekly gatherings of students: Sunday morning, mid-week activities, small groups.
- Provide leadership for Sunday morning programming and midweek programs alongside the APSM.
- Communicate with leaders each week about plan for their program.
- Communicate about student ministry goals, purposes, and events to parents.
- Oversee the Student Ministry calendar by inputting all Student Ministry events.
- Work with the communications director and appropriate process to publicize events (Publicity Request Form)
- Assist the APSM in the planning and preparation for all Student Ministry camps and retreats.
- Participate in the on-site leadership for half of the Student Ministries camps and retreats (compensatory days off will be provided for time spent on trips).
- Serve on the Student Ministries Team in an advisory capacity, attending monthly meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports to Associate Pastor of Student Ministries.
- Works in tandem with the Student Ministries volunteer staff.
- Works in collaboration with the other ministerial staff.
D. Skill Requirements
- Proficient in MS Office with a high comfort level and intuitive ability to learn new computer programs.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to work independently.
- Volunteer experience in youth ministry.
E. Spiritual Requirements
- Evidences a life style which demonstrates a vital personal relationship with Jesus Christ and active participation in the local Body of Christ. Acceptance of and commitment to doctrinal distinctives of the Evangelical Covenant Church.
- Must be or become a member of Kent Covenant Church.
See all jobs
Kent Covenant Church
Evangelical Covenant Church
12010 SE 240th Street, Kent
April 19, 2018