Position: Youth Minister
Church: First United Methodist Church Midlothian
Location: Midlothian Texas
Reporting Relationship: Senior Pastor
Making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Youth Minister is responsible for developing and leading a comprehensive program for youth and their families aimed at making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
The selected youth minister will be energized by relationally leading a group of Junior High and Senior High teens who are mature, curious, and excited to grow in their faith walk with Jesus. Someone who will make space for the teens to explore hard questions and topics. In addition, the youth minister will create expanding opportunities to reach teens in the greater Midlothian community.
- Responsible for leading a comprehensive discipleship-focused program for Junior and Senior High youth.
- Foster a culture of spiritual authenticity and challenge among the youth.
- Develop a discipleship pathway for the youth in conjunction with the pastors and children’s minister.
- Build relationships with FUMC Youth and counsel them as needed.
- Recruit and equip adult leaders.
- Responsible for making sure all youth servants are MinistrySafe compliant.
- Proactively address discipline problems by counseling youth and/or parents.
- Develop and promote youth opportunities for community outreach and mission.
- Coordinate with pastors and children’s minister on ways to transition children into the youth program. Guide teens into ministry with the younger children through VBS and Godly Play volunteering.
- Organize/Promote/Lead yearly mission trip and team for youth in our church. Work in alignment with other ministry areas of the church to raise funds for mission trip and summer camp.
- Work with Youth Committee and Parent Partners to plan programs for youth activities.
- Invite youth to participate in worship leadership thru the BTW band or choir
- Develop and implement a strategy for reaching out to unchurched youth within the community.
- Actively promote special youth events using appropriate mediums.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Represents youth ministries to Administrative Council.
- Responsible for reporting incidents concerning safety of youth.
To apply directly and for additional information:
Rukes Search Group
United Methodist Church
800 S. 9th Street, Midlothian, TX
April 13, 2022