Youth Minister – Part-Time
St. James Episcopal Church | Dallas, TX
St. James is looking to hire the next leader of the Saint James Student Ministries. The Youth Minister will be responsible for leading students in grades 7-12, focusing on fellowship, formation, and service with the overall goal of setting the foundation of faith for life-long disciples.
Fellowship – Discipleship happens within the context of community. The youth minister will create a space where all are welcome and known and know that they belong.
With belonging comes an opportunity to model the faith. St. James is an Episcopal Church and part of the Anglican tradition. The Youth Minister will be responsible for age-appropriate teachings that align with the creeds of the church.
Fellowship and formation drive us to serve others, and in that service, our fellowship and formation are strengthened. The Youth Minister will help students find opportunities to help within the church and serve in the community.
With the above in mind, the Youth Minister will lead the youth discipleship efforts by:
- Providing programming for fellowship, formation, and service.
- Developing relationships with youth and families through personal contacts, presence at church services, and attending student activities.
- Recruit, train, and empower adult volunteers for ongoing programs, trips, and events.
- Communicate with families and students using text, email, social media, website, etc.
- Identify and provide opportunities for students to serve and lead in the church and community.
- Network with other youth workers in the Diocese and the community.
- Assist with leading the Pumpkin Patch Fundraiser.
- Keep track of expenses and work within the allotted budget.
- Work with the clergy, staff, and other church leadership to accomplish the overall purpose of making disciples of Jesus.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and submit monthly reports to the vestry.
- Other tasks deemed appropriate by the rector.
Requirements & Preferences
- A college graduate or significant previous experience is required.
- Personal life must reflect that of a grounded Christ-follower in all aspects of life.
- Knowledge of the faith and traditions of The Episcopal Church is preferred.
- Successful candidates will; be creatively minded, take ownership of their role and ministry, and be able to work and communicate well while remaining flexible
Hours & Hiring requirements
- Part-time Twenty hours per week
- Must have a valid Texas Drivers License and current insurance at the state-required minimum.
- Must pass a background check and complete diocesan required training in misconduct and abuse prevention.
- Must have excellent computer and communication skills.
To apply please send resume and cover letter to our Rector, Fr. Michael Hurst at email@example.com
St. James Episcopal Church
9845 McCree Rd, Dallas, TX 75238
June 2, 2021