Saint Paul UMC and Northside UMC have joined together to form a joint youth/student ministry to grow the faith of young people (6th-12th grades). The Youth/Student Minister is responsible for planning, leading, and coordinating the youth/student ministry. This is a part-time position (20 hours/week).
• Cultivate faith within youth/students
• Develop youth/students’ ability to interpret their world through a Christian lens
• Give youth/students tools to make life choices centered on Jesus Christ
o Passion for youth/students as demonstrated in prior experience
o Healthy personal spiritual life, demonstrated through faith practices
o Willingness to grow in personal faith and take direction from pastors
o References to attest to Christian morality and character
o Willingness to submit information required for a criminal background check
and to follow all Safe Sanctuary procedures
o Computer and social media skills
o Organization, communication, motivational skills o Positive outlook, patience, and grace
o Wesleyan background
o Volunteer coordination experience o Teaching experience
o Service experience
• Be present with youth/students in their daily lives outside of ministry activities
• Demonstrate passion to invest in the lives of the youth/students
Facilitate Christian Formation
• Teach Wesleyan theology that relates/applies to the world the youth/students live in
• Model Christian morality and character for the youth/students
• Teach youth/students tools/skills for personal discipleship
• Plan and lead regularly scheduled youth/student gatherings (weekly, bi-weekly)
• Encourage regular worship attendance
• Plan and execute a minimum of one overnight retreat each year
• Create and facilitate opportunities for service within and outside the church walls
• Coordinate with leadership to encourage youth/student participation in
Salkehatchie Summer Service or other summer service camp
• Plan and execute fun events outside of the regular youth/student meeting
• Attend meetings of the Youth/Student Council
• Coordinate adult volunteers
• Meet regularly with the pastors
The hours will vary with the week and season, averaging approximately twenty hours per week. We expect most hours will be worked outside of the church building.
Currently planned at $15,000 annually.
To Apply Submit The Following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1) A cover letter with personal introduction and call to youth ministry.
2) CV with relevant history.
3) Two character references and one experience reference.
For questions or more info call: 864-235-3494
Saint Paul and Northside UMC Joint Youth Ministry
United Methodist Church
1107 S. Main St. Greenville, SC 29609
November 19, 2020