Bethany Church Seeks a Part-Time Youth Ministry Director
Would you like to join a growing Biblical ministry that focuses on making disciples who make disciples? If so, we would love to have you join our team! We are seeking a motivated, Christ-honoring, leader-inspiring, teacher of Scripture who loves middle school and high school students for a part-time position on staff.
Bethany Church is a small, evangelical church holding to a historic, orthodox, Biblical view of theology and ministry. Our mission is to become a “Jesus Built” Church. So we focus on the Great Confession (Mat 16:16), Great Commandment (Mat 22:37), and the Great Commission (Mat 28:19-20). We are located in Waterford MI.
- Oversee the work of the youth ministry of the church.
- Create Biblically-based, Christ-focused environments where youth from sixth to twelfth grade can learn and grow in the Christian faith through times of teaching, worship, service, and hands-on mission experiences in the community and world.
- Promote the youth ministries of Bethany to the Church and community.
- Communicate with parents and recruit volunteers to assist with the youth ministry.
- Participate in Sunday church activities.
- Deep faith in Jesus Christ, expressed in personal growth, Biblical community, and social impact.
- A disciple-maker who helps other people grow in their own faith and obedience to Jesus Christ.
- A role model to the youth and a leader who can develop and supervise a youth ministry team.
- A fun loving kid at heart, who loves ministering to youth and inspiring other adults to be in ministry with youth.
- Agreement with and adherence to an evangelical, historic, orthodox, Biblical view of theology and ministry.
- Agreement with and adherence to the mission, vision, core principles, core values, and other beliefs and teachings of Bethany Church.
- Previous youth ministry experience as a volunteer or paid staff is preferred.
- Willingness to learn by attending youth related seminars and workshops
- Willingness to work with the pastor and staff at Bethany.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Musical abilities a plus.
This is a salary position with an annual start salary of $7,800 a year. Approximately 10 hrs a week.
If interested send the following to: Office@BethanyWaterford.org
- Cover Letter
- 3-4 minute video telling us about yourself, why you are considering this position, and how you see yourself as the right person for this position.
Bethany Church :: 1375 Hiller Road :: Waterford MI 48327 :: 248-681-2130
www.BethanyWaterford.org :: Office@BethanyWaterford.org
1375 Hiller Road
June 22, 2018