Qualities and Qualifications
- Passionate disciple of Jesus who is pursuing ways to grow in their faith
- Desire and ability to develop meaningful relationships with middle school and high school students and share the gospel with them
- Familiar with youth culture and needs
- Effective use of social media
- Fun, outgoing, and engaging
- Flexible and teachable
- Critical thinker with a creative spirit
- Open to new ideas and willing to try new things
A 4-year bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Valid Driver’s License and ability to operate a vehicle.
Must pass a background check and drug test.
This position will primarily focus on ministry with and to students and families from middle and high school with the following priorities:
- Gospel-centered and Life-shaping Content/Experiences
- Fostering Genuine Community
- Leadership Recruitment and Development
- Engaging Parents as Partners in Ministry
- Service Opportunities and Service as a Way of Life
Plan and lead opportunities for middle and high school students in alignment with the vision and values of the ministry. Current ministry opportunities include:
- Fun & Fellowship Events
- Small Group Bible Studies
- Weekend Worship
- Service Projects
- Fundraising Activities
- Seasonal Retreats
- Summer Camp and Mission Trips
Develop supportive relationships with leaders, students, and their families outside of regular programs aimed at faith development, care, and support. Particular attention to discipling male students.
Partner with Children’s Ministry for church school, Vacation Bible School, and other collaborative opportunities.
Partner with Pastors and Director of Youth and Family Ministry to design and implement the annual Confirmation Experience to help students explore the foundations of faith.
Fulfill administrative duties including social media posting, communication, transportation, and budget management.
Participate in relevant ministry meetings.
Other tasks necessary for the sake of the gospel as approved by the Director of Youth and Family Ministry or Head of Staff.
One Year: June 21st 2022 to May 31st
Full Time: 40 hours a week
Paid Vacation & Holidays
Housing will be provided in the home of a church member.
The Presbyterian Church of Toms River
Presbyterian Church USA
1070 Hooper Ave
April 27, 2022