The First United Methodist Church is a vibrant congregation of about three hundred located in Roswell, New Mexico. Roswell is a city of almost 50,000 people, who work primarily in business, agriculture, manufacturing, and higher education. It is the mission of FUMC to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ to those in our community, especially children and youth, through mission work, activities, and fun. We are ready to add a lead staff person dedicated to ministry and programming for this age group. We would also consider hiring an intern to work in this area, who may be exploring a call to youth ministry.
- Lead youth to become Disciples of Jesus Christ through
- Direct hands-on leadership and mentoring
- Large Groups, small groups and individual settings
- Christian Education, Fellowship, Worship and Mission projects
- Work with Pastors and Laity to develop an overall discipleship plan for serving the youth in our church and community.
- Train and coordinate volunteers in helping them in understanding their own call to ministry.
- Communicate proactively and effectively with parents and the congregation.
- Work effectively as part of the pastoral team.
- Experience in youth ministry as a participant, sponsor or leader.
- Strong people skills
- Ability to communicate effectively using social media and live activities.
- Working knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.We are excited about meeting the person who will lead this ministry. All applicants who are responding to God’s call to do this type of work will be prayerfully considered.
First United Methodist Church
United Methodist Church
200 N. Pennsylvania Ave. -Roswell, New Mexico
July 6, 2017