Youth (6th – 12th Grades) Director/Minister/Pastor
Purpose + Function
Purcellville Baptist Church (PBC) believes within the role and the call of a leader of ministry is to equip the saints for the work of the Lord’s ministry in order to build up the body of Christ (Ephesians 4:11-13).
The Youth Director/Minister/Pastor will take ownership of the Junior High and Senior High Ministry. The Youth Director/Minister/Pastor will provide direct oversight, administration, and spiritual guidance for the Youth ministry, both Junior High (6th – 8th grades) and Senior High (9th – 12th grades), of Purcellville Baptist Church, under the oversight of the Discipleship Pastor.
- Have a maturing relationship with God.
- Called to minister and teach to the rising generations.
- Shares the vision of Purcellville Baptist Church.
- Committed to spiritual, emotional, and physical health.
- Leans in to work, takes initiative, claims ownership of tasks.
- An effective and engaging communicator.
- Trusted by parents within the ministry.
- Respected and appreciated by students.
- A relational leader.
- Ownership of the Junior High and Senior High Ministries (6th – 12th grades)
- Overall development of ministry to help children know God, find freedom, discover purpose, and make a difference.
- Recruit and develop a team of volunteers to lead the Junior High and Senior High ministries during all services on Sunday.
- Implement curriculum that is theologically sound and fits into the church-wide vision.
- Provide ministry to the parents/guardians of the students as needed and as appropriate.
- Develop and lead a student leadership team.
- Ensure adherence to all child protection policies.
- Ensure facility and equipment is maintained at a high level of safety and cleanliness.
- Support and participate in church-wide events.
- Partner with and support church-wide events related to discipleship and family ministry.
- Play a main leadership role in representing the church.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- All other duties as assigned that further the mission and vision of Purcellville Baptist Church.
- Bachelor’s degree. Preference would be in a field of ministry.
- Previous experience in vocational ministry preferred.
Qualifications + Experience
- Be a Spirit-led person of prayer committed to moving the Youth ministry to abundant life in Christ.
- Production of teaching material and curriculum.
- Communication skills in various formats (digital, social media, interpersonal, etc).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Critical Thinking.
- Ability to monitor ministry under guidance of Discipleship Pastor.
- Event coordination/planning.
- Managing of volunteers (coaching, recruiting, training, scheduling, and ministry needs).
- Continual researching of other Ministry programs and spiritual trends.
- Attending and participating in staff meetings.
- Community ministry involvement.
- Ability to monitor safety of students while in care to be aware of surroundings and to identify safety issues before and when they occur.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations that may include providing CPR or contacting help.
- Ability to remain stationary for extended periods of time while discipling, teaching, or waiting through a student event.
- Ability to communicate with students and parents.
To apply – http://purbap.org/employment
Purcellville Baptist Church
601 Yaxley Dr. Purcellville, VA 20132
March 15, 2022