Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org a resume and any questions you may have.
Part Time Youth Pastor Job Description
Bethany United Methodist Church, Red Lion, PA
10-15 hours a week
Reports to: Senior Pastor
This part time position (60 hours/month) is responsible for leading a growing youth ministry, providing Christ-centered, enthusiastic leadership to recruit, support, and maintain participation of youth. The Youth Pastor will collaborate with Senior Pastor and ministry teams, and provide leadership to recruit, train and support volunteers.
- A grounded Christ-follower with a deep personal relationship with Jesus
- A passion and vision for youth and their families to grow in faith together
- Strong interpersonal skills with youth and adults; exceptional listener and communicator
- A self-starter who can manage the creation, planning, and implementation of youth ministries
- A team player who is supportive of all ministries of the church
Responsibilities: The Youth Pastor will lead youth discipleship efforts through the creation and support of Jesus-centered, growth-oriented ministries. Programs, ministry volunteers, and total people involved should grow as the church grows.
- Develop a relationship with youth to encourage a deeper relationship with Christ. This includes group interactions, connection on social media, one-on-one and informal get togethers, and attending youth’s activities outside of church.
- Encourage and equip the youth to be leaders at Bethany as well as in the community, guiding them and praying for how God has gifted each one.
- Recruit, coordinate, equip, and support adult volunteers to sponsor activities. When appropriate, partner with other Christian groups.
- Meet with Youth Ministry Team at least quarterly to plan upcoming events.
- Follow safe sanctuary guidelines for all events and programs.
- Communicate effectively with members of the youth group and their parents through a variety of methods such as phone, email, bulletins, website, social media, etc.
- Encourage and shepherd youth to participate in appropriate missions. Lead and direct a mission trip and a spiritual retreat each year.
- Maintain a relationship with Bethany families.
- Attend staff meetings (when available) and one-on-ones with Pastor to coordinate youth ministry with the entire church calendar.
- Work within designated church budget and monitor expenses. Help to plan and implement youth fundraisers when necessary.
- Attend quarterly administrative council meetings and give a youth report.
- All other tasks deemed appropriate by the Senior Pastor
Behavior: Personal life must reflect a high ethical, Christian standard, including but not limited to social media sites, informal gatherings outside of church, and in interpersonal relationships. No alcohol or tobacco use during church functions, on church grounds, or endorsed on social media, at informal meetings, etc. Must complete and pass background checks before starting in ministry position.
Minimum Education Requirements: College graduate or equivalent. Excellent communication skills.
Preferred: Experience working with youth and serving on a church staff. Experience in organizing and leading Christian ministries. Experience leading small groups.
Bethany United Methodist Church
United Methodist Church
121 W Broadway, Red Lion, PA 17356
July 23, 2021