First United Methodist Church of Marietta is seeking a full-time Youth Director.
The Mission of Marietta First United Methodist Church youth group is to create spaces for students to encounter Christ and respond with their lives. Being grounded in Methodist theology, the director will serve as the primary vision implementer overseeing and creating the ministry plan developing like mindedness and cohesion among the youth staff, youth, volunteers and youth families. The Youth Director is to oversee and give direction for ministries to students in grades 6 -12, as well as their families. This person will oversee, organize, and implement ministry to, with, and alongside students to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
The Director will oversee weekly student programming: Sunday school, Fusion Worship, Bible Studies, Events, Retreats, and Confirmation. This director will spend time each week recruiting and supporting adult lay leaders. They will also plan and coordinate retreats, create and manage the budget, implement new curriculum for Fusion Worship, plan and execute mission opportunities, fundraising events, train and support volunteers, work with the Youth Ministry Team, create outreach nights for mid high and senior high students, and other student gatherings. This individual will also balance work within the church while being an active part of student’s activities outside the church walls: Baseball games, dance recitals, FCA’s, and other extracurricular activities to stay connected with the students.
- Sunday Morning Sunday School: Research and use curriculum that is rooted in the Methodist liturgy, teach students and encourage attendance of Sunday Morning Worship.
- Sunday Fusion Worship: Develop programming, fellowship, meal planning, small group bible study, message and music for the youth department.
- Communication: Oversee Youth Website, email distribution, text service and social media channels keeping youth and families informed, engaged, and inspired.
- Special Events: Lead and plan Confirmation, retreats, Youth night out, bible studies, and cultivate community amongst FUMC ministries.
- Missions: Oversee Organization and implementation of both local and global mission opportunities and partnerships to further spread God’s word through ministry and service.
- Internship Program: Recruit, coach and encourage interns to ultimately enhance the Fusion program while developing future disciples of Christ.
- Emotional Connectivity: The Director will provide a connection to pastoral care for youth and families by equipping and supporting students, leaders and families in crisis by serving as the point person to guide and council their needs.
- Partner with Lay Leadership: Work as a team with volunteers to develop a strong Fusion program relying heavily on collaboration and overall teamwork to cultivate a thriving vibrant youth program.
Applicants must have a college or seminary degree plus at least 4 years in full-time youth ministry in a large church and be dedicated to United Methodist theology and doctrine.
In addition they must:
- Exemplify a contagious enthusiasm for Christ and students demonstrating a passion for the love of Jesus Christ through worship and relationships with a strong desire to put this into action
- Have the ability to function as part of a team in the wider circle of ministry (staff, volunteers, and lay leadership)
- Have the ability to create and write curriculum or find new curriculum that is engaging to students
- Have the ability to manage and plan a budget aligned with the goals of the church.
- Exhibit strong leadership and visionary skills, with the ability to set trackable and achievable goals for the Ministry and its important role within the Church.
- Demonstrate teamwork skills including the ability to effectively communicate, administer and work cooperatively with clergy, staff, volunteers, and program participants of all ages, with the capability to attract new participants into the Ministry.
Applicants are directed to apply via the job posting on Indeed.com or by sending information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
First United Methodist Church of Marietta
United Methodist Church
56 Whitlock Avenue NW, Marietta, GA 30064
March 5, 2021