Belvidere Evangelical Covenant Church is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic, and creative candidate for our Director of Youth Ministries position.
GOALS FOR THE YOUTH PROGRAM
The purpose of our youth program is to provide opportunities for each of our students to Know, Grow, and Go.
Know– Know the truth of God’s Word and accept Christ as their Lord and Savior
Grow– Grow in their knowledge of the Bible, in their relationship with Christ, in their spiritual gifts and leadership abilities, in their relationship with the church, and in their relationships with one another.
Go– Go into the world serving others and spreading the love of Christ, transitioning well into college, career, and young adulthood
The individual selected for this role will provide opportunities for youth to Know, Grow, and Go in the following ways:
- Planning, organizing, and leading both high school and middle school youth groups.
- Coordinating occasional special events for high school and middle school students.
- Developing community service and outreach opportunities for high school and middle school students.
- Building relationships with students, their parents, and the wider church.
- Helping students discover their spiritual gifts and places they can use those gifts to serve others.
- Integrating students into the wider church, especially on Sunday mornings.
- Maintaining the program’s social media pages.
- Connecting, collaborating and communicating with the Christian Education Board.
Personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, positive example of Christian living
Adequate knowledge of the Bible and the ability to make connections between its truths and topics relevant to our youth
Ability to relate well with youth and provide firm guidance, discipline, and structure when needed
Willingness to become a member of our church and support of the principles and beliefs of the Evangelical Covenant Church
College education in ministry related field preferred, but not required
This is a part-time position. Compensation will be dependent on schedule, experience and education. Housing may be available as part of the compensation package if desired.
ABOUT BELVIDERE EVANGELICAL COVENANT CHURCH
To find out more, visit our website www.becov.magix.net or Belvidere Covenant Church Facebook page
If interested in the position, please apply by submitting a resume to (email@example.com).
Evangelical Covenant Church of Belvidere, IL
Evangelical Covenant Church
221 E. Harrison St Belvidewre, IL 61008
May 22, 2019