We are looking for individuals and families who are strong followers of Jesus Christ and want to make a difference in the life of struggling teens.
Located in the Dominican Republic, Caribbean Mountain Academy exists to bring lasting home to families. CMA gives these families a chance to let their youths to step away for a time and find a fresh perspective. They experience a new culture, build confidence by hiking mountains, travel to waterfalls, and visit beautiful Caribbean beaches.
While they are having these new experiences, they are being poured into by staff at CMA, especially youth coaches.
[Check out this video for more information.]
A Youth Coach builds relationships with teens. They also provide direct care in a manner consistent with each teen’s individual treatment plans, and Crosswinds’ guidelines, practices, and policies.
- To oversee and be involved with the youth during any and all activities, including but not limited to; in-house activities, beach excursions, rain forest hiking, community service, and social events
- To work with the house coordinator and counselor to identify issues the youth is working through and maintain that understanding of each youth’s needs according to treatment plan
- To serve as a mentor to each youthTo maintain order, intervene in crisis situations, and administer proper, fair and constructive discipline consistent with Crosswinds’ policies
- To be aware of and carry out Crosswinds’ guidelines and practices as defined in Crosswinds’ procedural manual.
- To model and teach the balanced life concept in all interactions with the youth
- To be a positive role model to the residents by demonstrating high moral and ethical standards.
- To be active in discipleship interaction with youth and staff.
- To participate in orientations and trainings
- To attend all regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Personal relationship with Christ
- References attesting to lifestyle consistent with Christian faith
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must pass all background checks
- Exceptional people skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Bachelors degree or vocational equivalent
- Prior experience serving at-risk youth
- Bi-lingual with Spanish
- Participation on mission trips
How To Apply
If you have questions or want to follow up, email email@example.com
To apply, copy and paste the following link into your browser (or email the above address):
Crosswinds - Caribbean Mountain Academy
July 8, 2021