If you are interested please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Salvation Army Nampa
Department: Community Center
Position Title: Youth Center Ministry Directo
Status: Part-Time (29 hours)
The Salvation Army Mission Statement:
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination
Education and Work Experience:
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Work/Professional Experience: 1 year of previous work experience with children preferred.
Scope of Position: Assist Youth Center Director as needed in all areas of the Youth Center including recreational, character development, crafts, game room and administration of programs. Will also be responsible for many of the youth programs for the church.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of The Salvation Army (SA) mission and philosophy.
- Must have ability to work independently and in a detailed, professional and courteous manner.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- The ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to use Microsoft programs and work with computer.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously while paying attention to detail and deadlines.
- Knowledge of Dept. of Health and Welfare and ICCP
- Knowledge of The Salvation Army’s NSS input.
- Possess a valid Idaho driver’s license.
- Must satisfactorily complete the Salvation Army Fleet Safety Program.
- Must satisfactorily complete the Salvation Army’s Protecting the Mission requirements.
- CPR/First aid training required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Summer Day camp and After School program
- Open building during summer
- Check in children
- Ensure that breakfast meal is served for summer
- Drive a van route when needed for pickups or drop offs
- Be available for field trips when Director is unavailable
- Assist with and input all registrations into computer for summer and fall programs
- Ensure all vaccinations are present and current for enrolled students
- Ensure all waivers are signed
- Keep pick up lists current and available for office staff
- Supervise and assist children ages 6-12 during reading and homework time
- Assist children in keeping track of reading completed
- Administrative/Accounting duties
- Maintain all ICCP accounts
- Stay up to date with ICCP changes and requirements
- Keep billings current
- Refer all delinquent accounts to Youth Center Director
- Prepare end of the year statements and reports
- Do all necessary filing
- Assist with preparation of staff and parent handbooks
- Youth center responsibilities
- Supervise children in assigned areas
- Refer all major discipline issues or other problems to Youth Center Director
- Youth Ministry Duties
- Lead corps Outreach Teen Program
- Help facilitate and lead weekly troops programs
- Help facilitate and lead Sunday School program
- Assist in the planning and implementation of Vacation Bible School
- Recruit and equip volunteers for church youth programs (i.e. Troops, Sunday School, VBS)
- Drive for corps youth programs as needed
- Assist in keeping stats for youth ministries
- Assist with monthly youth reports as needed
- Other related duties
- Maintain Statistics for DHQ and Grants
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings
- Ensure that areas used are clean and maintained regularly
- Other related duties as assigned by Youth Center director
The Salvation Army
403 12th Ave. South Nampa
February 5, 2018