Full Job Description
Worship Leader for Youth and Young Adults
This position is responsible to oversee all aspects of worship for youth and young adult services, special events, and conferences. Will also work collaboratively with media, departments as they are involved with the worship experience.
Youth and Young Adults Ministries
Paid (Part-Time) 30 – 35 hours per week Bi-Weekly
Position May Be Filled By
Church member or Non-member
Minimum Maturity Level
Christian Mature in Faith with an Understanding of Submission to Authority. * Must complete Ministry Safe Training and TPC foundational class with Membership.
Talents or Abilities Desired
Play keyboard and/or guitar * Enjoy dealing with youth and young adults * Sharing knowledge and understanding of music and worship * Instruct vocalists and musicians to grow their personal skill levels
Best Personality Traits Needed
Friendly * Dependable * Welcoming
Has a clear testimony of salvation in Jesus Christ and a growing personal relationship with the Lord * Experience in leading a worship team and congregation into the presence of God * Proficiency leading vocally while playing keys and/or guitar
Anticipated Time Commitments
1. Doing ministry/preparing for ministry: 30-35 hours per week
2. Participating in meetings/training: Weekly departmental meetings and others as requested
- Assist Youth Pastor and Worship Director in all aspects of planning and programming related to youth and young adults.
- Facilitate leadership for weekly youth and monthly young adult services.
- Receive training in use of all equipment utilized in preparation of and during all services. Work collaboratively with the media department.
- Direct and train the youth and young adult worship teams.
- Responsible to schedule band and all volunteers involved in services via Planning Center (adults & students) and uploading chord charts and lyrics.
- Set platform in the Upper Room for services and events.
- Maintain and keep clean and organized all equipment utilized by youth and young adult ministries in the Upper Room, including: platform, sound booth, and storage closet.
- Lead weekly rehearsal with youth band and young adult worship team as necessary.
- Responsible to recruit and develop students and young adults to participate in the worship and/or tech teams.
- Invest in the spiritual growth of students and young adults.
- Attend youth camps and young adult retreats as requested.
- Secure a substitute worship leader when not available for a service.
ProPresenter, MAC computers, Soundboard, Lights, Camera, Musical instruments
Proposed Work Schedule
Mon – Off
Tues – 10a-3:30p
Wed – 12:00-9:00p
Thursday – 10a-3:30p
Saturday – Off
Sunday – 8:30-10:30A
*Fire by Night every 2nd Sunday 5-8pm (starts at 6 pm, hour early for practice)
05% Lifting (52 lbs. or less)
05% Climbing (ladder, stairs etc.
- Professional attitude toward members and visitors at all times.
- Service oriented and willingness to work with all church staff, members, and visitors.
- Flexibility to change schedule to accommodate unforeseen circumstances.
- Ability to handle fast pace, high stress atmosphere from time to time.
- Some maybe required for retreats, camps, etc. Reimbursed at the current IRS approved rate.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $14.00 – $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Because this position is part of a church please provide a brief testimony of your personal walk with Jesus Christ.
- Please provide any links for videos of you leading a worship service or any other church type event.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- One location
Turning Point Church
10700 Old Burleson Rd
August 5, 2021