We are looking for strong followers of Jesus Christ who want to make a difference in the lives of struggling teens.
Located in the Dominican Republic, Caribbean Mountain Academy exists to bring lasting hope to families in crisis. CMA allows struggling youth to step away for a time in order to find fresh perspective. The youth experience a new culture, serve in the surrounding impoverished communities, and enjoy beautiful waterfalls, beaches, and mountains. CMA staff support them throughout these new experiences, modeling the love of Christ and showering the students in love and prayer.
Check out this video for more information and prayerfully consider joining the team!
*Please note that positions at CMA are support based, missionary positions in order to keep tuition more affordable for families.
The teacher is responsible for overseeing the online education of youth at Caribbean Mountain Academy. The teacher’s goal is to model the love of Christ while helping equip young people educationally and spiritually.
- Teach students using CMA approved curriculum
- Create an educational plan for each student customized to their individual needs
- Provide effective instruction using a variety of strategies to help each student
- Implement a learning plan for each student
- Organize and manage the classroom environment to maximize learning
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with students, parents, and other Crosswinds staff
- Personal relationship with Christ
- References attesting to lifestyle consistent with Christian faith
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or equivalent
- Current teacher’s license
- Must pass all background checks
- Exceptional people skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Two years teaching experience
- Ability to multitask
- Proficiency with computers
- Willingness to adapt to the varied of needs of the classroom
How To Apply
If you have questions or want to follow up, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Crosswinds - Caribbean Mountain Academy
Jarabacoa, Dominican Republic
July 11, 2021