PURPOSE The Student Ministry summer internship (Paid) is designed to expose young men and women to the work and multiple facets of student ministry and to confirm their calling. The intern will serve, lead, teach, and motivate students.
CHURCH DESCRIPTION: First MB Church is located on the northwest side of Wichita, KS. We typically have around 1,000 people attend one of our three worship services on Sundays. Our mission is we aim to be REAL PEOPLE, with a REAL FAITH, making a REAL IMPACT.
APPLICATION PROCESS Fill out the online application at firstmbchurch.org/intern (including describing your personal faith journey).
REQUIREMENTS AND COMPENSATION
- This will be a full time position for 8-12 weeks during the summer. The salary will be up to $3,600 (depending on the total number of weeks working) plus ministry expenses.
- Work 32-40 hours per week. Most hours will occur during normal office hours, but Sundays and some evenings will also be required, plus a week-long summer camp for senior high students.
- Have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a calling for student ministry.
- Be at least one year removed from high school graduation.
- Should have access to some form of transportation and housing (but this may be negotiable).
- Accept the role of a leader/mentor by providing an example of faith and pure conduct (principles found in 1 Timothy 3).
- Attend First MB Church worship services for the duration of the internship.
- This internship may also be for school credit.
RESPONSIBILITIES Note: Responsibilities may be added or changed to fit the giftedness and particular passions of the intern, as well as to meet unforeseen needs within the student ministry.
- The intern will report weekly and work under the direct supervision of the Student Ministry Pastor.
- Organize, prepare, and execute both formal and informal activities for the summer months that are designed to help teens grow spiritually and closer to each other.
- The intern will plan, manage, and lead Bible studies, service projects, and other events throughout the summer including attending Senior High Summer Camp in early June.
- The intern will assist with planning and providing lessons for our Senior High Ministry called AXIS that meets on Sunday nights.
- The intern will be encouraged to develop intentional relationships with teens and other adult leaders and recognize their role as a mentor and spiritual leader.
- Attend weekly youth staff meetings, office staff meetings, and youth ministry team meetings.
- If taken for school credit, additional assignments may be required.
First MB Church
8000 W 21st St N
January 15, 2018