First United Methodist Church, Rockwall, Texas
Youth Summer Intern
Following Job Description can also be found online @ www.fumcrockwall.com/summerintern
The Youth Summer Intern shall work within the context of Student Ministry at First United Methodist Church of Rockwall, Texas, to help with guiding, teaching, spiritual development and direction of youth ranging from those about to be enter the 7th grade to those who have recently graduated high school.
For approximately a 10 week period, Youth Summer Interns shall serve under the direction and coordination of the Youth Minister, in concert with the entire church staff. The Youth Summer Intern will assist in multiple levels of participation with youth and their families both in ministry and in the overall life of the church.
The Youth Summer Intern shall be a high school graduate and either currently enrolled in or shall have completed a degree program at a college or university.
- As a part of the youth staff, meet weekly with Youth Minister for assignments and planning which will include:
- Utilizing available curriculum and Bible-based material to teach and facilitate lessons, including Sunday School, UMYF small groups, and any mid-week Bible studies
- Creating & sharing devotional talks for Sunday Evening UMYF, on occasion
- Help with games, snack suppers, and general youth group supervision for weekly UMYF
- Other duties as assigned by Youth Minister and/or Pastor
- Multiple-day trips & events:
- Jr. High Bridgeport Summer Conference Camp
- Jr. High Mission Experience
- Mystery Trip
- Vacation Bible School week-day programs
- Administrative responsibilities:
- Desktop publishing of calendars, event flyers, forms, reminder cards, etc.
- Contact visitors and invite to programs and events
- Phone calls and volunteer recruitment as needed
- Solicit van drivers as needed
- Optional and Related duties as available:
- Sr. High Mission Trip, as available and as needed
- Worship liturgist
- College ministry during summer months
As an official part of the Youth Staff the Summer Youth Interns are selected with an application process and are subject to background checks and other mandatory training as a part of the church staff. The Youth Summer Intern reports to the Youth Minister and the Senior Pastor and ultimately to the
Staff-Parish Relations Committee. Our Youth Summer Interns are engaged in Full-Time Ministry and should consult Youth Minister before accepting other part-time work or classes during the summer.
First United Methodist Church of Rockwall
United Methodist Church
1200 E. Yellow Jacket
December 13, 2017