The Students Pastor will work closely with the Lead Student Pastor to create and implement a teaching, programming, and leadership strategy that will help students far from God come near.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Teaching (with majority focus on junior high)
- Work w/ Student Ministry Team to Plan and Execute Excellent Student Ministry Midweek Services.
- Recruit, Train, and Care for Student Ministry leaders. (w/ primary focus on junior high leaders)
- Oversee Junior High Camps & Events
- Campus Ministry (partnering with on campus ministries at local schools)
- Maintaining and creating content for Social Media
- Meet the scriptural requirements for an elder (though may not serve as an elder) by living a spiritually surrendered life leaning on the Holy Spirit for guidance and direction by spending consistent time in prayer and study of God’s Word.
- Live out CCV’s Church strategy by engaging in a lifestyle of worship, community and serving.
- Live out the CCV Staff Values in relationships with other staff, congregation and community.
- Empower volunteer Team Members by developing an Ephesians 4:12 culture in your ministry areas resulting in a high level of engagement.
- Participate in Weekend Services according to pastoral staff expectations (Weekend Roster and Worship Participation).
- Serve at CCV Holiday Events and Special Events (e.g. Easter, Christmas, etc.).
- Serve as Pastor on Call during assigned weeks (2 weeks a year minimum).
- Participate in CCV’s Monthly All Church Prayer Nights.
- Intentionally pastor and mentor all volunteer Team Members towards increasing levels of responsibility and leadership.
- Establish Objective and Key Results (OKR’s) for your ministry areas.
- Maintain a balanced work schedule, working with CCV HR Team to keep track of vacation days, sick days, days off, make-up days, personal days etc.
- Perform sacerdotal duties on a regular basis as circumstances demand.
- Be available to the congregation before and after weekend services.
- Maintain flexible working schedule and hours as determined by the needs of the ministry.
CORE COMPETENCIES NEEDED
The core competencies needed for successful fulfillment of job responsibilities are listed below.
- Team Player: A team player values his/her coworkers and works collaboratively with them to achieve organizational goals.
- Achiever: An achiever sets challenging goals, tracks progress, solves obstacles/problems and demonstrates urgency and drive in achieving goals.
- Equipper: An equipper actively pursues the development of others through the provision of resources, next step opportunities and feedback.
- Recruiter: A recruiter connects an individual with meaningful ministry opportunities that enable him/her to use his/her gifts, talents and passions.
- Teacher: A teacher communicates God’s truth accurately and effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biblical Studies or equivalent.
- 3 years’ experience in a large church environment (750+ weekly attendance)
- Self-motivated, customer oriented, well organized, detailed, humble, team player
- Ability to see a project from start to finish without oversight
- Ability to lead and speak in front of a group of people.
- Ability to anticipate needs.
Christ's Church of the Valley
1404 W Covina Blvd, San Dimas, CA 91773
July 23, 2019