We are looking to add a female to our Student Ministry team!! We are a progressive Church of Christ with 2 campuses and approximately 2000 members.
Will consider applicants who have had at least an Youth Internship from churches of Christ, Christian Churches, Bible Churches, Non-denominational Churches.
To apply, forward your resume to Sandy @solomonswann.com
PRIMARY PURPOSE & FUNCTION
Develop an effective discipleship program that will partner with parents to lead students into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Implement ministry programs for students and families.
The Youth Minister provides vision and overall leadership for church’s ministry to students, 6th to 12th grade, and their families. The success of the Youth Minister will depend on their ability to manage and empower a team of direct reports and multiple teams of lay leaders as they work in their own duties and service. This highly people- oriented position requires proven skills in organization, management, leadership, detail thinking and creative innovation to take Student Ministry to the next level. This is a co-lead ministry.
- Development, execution and maintenance of student connections and education**
- Work with the Executive Minister and the Co-Youth Minister to develop, implement and evaluate a comprehensive student ministry program that works within the overall vision of the church
- Oversee all Sunday morning and Wednesday evening meeting times for students from 6th to 12th grade
- Provide volunteers and all resources necessary to lead effectively
- Provide regular training for Youth Ministry volunteers
- Work with the other organizations that utilize our building to maintain a positive relationship and effectively use our shared space, including our Christian Private School.
- Communicate regularly with families of students through all forms of media
- Equip and train parents to be the spiritual leaders of their students
- Hire and train staff for Student Ministry
- Maintain and uphold appropriate stands of conduct and operation for both paid employees and volunteer staff.
- Oversee a comprehensive volunteer screening database and ensure a strong safety standard for Youth Ministry
- Other responsibilities**
- Provide effective leadership for the Youth Ministry Leadership Team
- Development, execute and maintain additional programs for youth including summer camp and mission trips
- Plan and administer budget for Youth Ministry
- Be equipped and available for the ministry staff pastoral care and counseling rotation
KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Must maintain a vital and growing relationship with the Lord through Bible study, prayer and meditation
- Must possess the characteristics of a leader and the ability to lead staff and volunteers in their ministries
- Must possess the ability to communicate with multiple people through various forms of communication
including email, text, Facebook, twitter. etc.
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability to create duplicable systems
- Must be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Must have the ability to handle conflict and listen to members concerns
- Must have a heart and passion for Student Ministry and building strong student programs
- Executive Minister, Senior Minister, Co-Youth Minister, Children’s Minister, CFO, Facilities Director
- Bachelor’s degree in Ministry, Youth Ministry or related field
- Minimum 5-7 years
Exempt Office Hours: Sunday – Thursday
Job Type: Full-time
First Colony Church of Christ
Churches of Christ
Sugar Land, TX
August 6, 2019