We are looking for a dynamic and engaging person to be part of our team.
This position is responsible for structuring worship with middle and high school students, specifically for MS Sunday and HS Wednesday services. The role also supports our elementary worship service through direction and training of singers and song selection.
Duties and responsibilities
- Plan and execute all student and kid worship services, including working with media to ensure all appropriate audio / visual needs are completed.
- Organize, equip, disciple and mentor the student worship band as well as any adult worship volunteers.
- Work closely with Mt Bethel Christian Academy to support weekly chapel services for Lower, Middle and Upper schools
- Plan and lead worship for various events (such as Fall Retreat, DNOW, summer trip, MBCA chapel, staff chapel, KidCity, confirmation retreat)
- Grow pool of worship volunteers by holding auditions
- Engage with parents of student worship volunteers
- Engage directly with MB Students staff and students; fully invested and integrated in Mt Bethel student ministry objectives and teamwork
- Work alongside multiple MB departments to execute role; specifically our modern worship leader
- Performs assigned focus for specific duties for their area of responsibility, such as missions, outreach, worship, special projects, or discipleship/leadership development with elementary, middle and high students as charged by the Director.
- Education –a Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Experience- at minimum 5 years of experience leading worship in children and/or youth environments
- Skills– Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, ProPresenter, Planning Center, Loops, Tracks, and willingness to be trained in systems utilized by the church.
Goals and Objectives
- Successfully position trained worship teams weekly in KidCity, MS and HS worship, MBCA chapel, and any other monthly or annual events
- Build a culture of worship in each age environment by raising up leaders and engaging guests with age appropriate songs
Key Competency Requirements
- Faithfulness: Actively seeks to grow in personal relationship with God; serves others out of a sense of call. Demonstrates a desire for spiritual growth in their Christian faith, and a commitment to active participation in weekly worship.
- Delegation: Allocating decision-making authority and/or task responsibility to others, as appropriate, in order to maximize organizational and individual effectiveness.
- Planning and Organizing: Establishes a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure accomplishment of a specific objective. Sets priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity.
- Building Relationships: Identifies and initiates working relationships so that there is a mutual benefit to both yourself and the other party.
- Communication: Able to connect with many different audiences using written as well as oral skills as well as social media- includes staff, volunteers, and adults of all ages, differing stages of life and spiritual maturity. Able to give and receive feedback.
This position is required to work Sunday mornings as well as during the week and must be available for scheduled trips and retreats.
This position does not have any direct reports.
Mt Bethel UMC
United Methodist Church
4385 Lower Roswell Road Marietta, GA 30068
November 5, 2020