Real Hope Community Church is a young and growing congregation that was founded in 2016. A year and a half ago we moved into our first permanent campus in the historic district of Rosenberg, TX.
We are seeking to hire a Student Pastor who will design and build – mostly from scratch – a meaningful, a gospel-focused ministry to teenagers in our community. It’s our desire that the ministry be built from the outside in, i.e. connecting with students where they are in the community and growing from there (as opposed to simply ministering to the students whose parents already attend Real Hope). In this respect, a successful candidate will have the heart, ethos, and entrepreneurial spirit of an organization like YoungLife.
This position will start out as a part-time role (25 hours/week), but we expect it will grow to full-time within a year or two. The rate at which the position grows to full-time will be tied to the growth of the ministry.
- $2,500/month (for 25 hrs./week)
- Design and implement a strategic approach to student ministry that reflects the ethos of our church (gospel-centric and service-minded)
- Build relationships with other institutions and leaders who are invested in the lives of local students (schools, teachers, coaches, etc.)
- Find and connect with students where they already are (the neighborhood surrounding our church, school events, sports teams, etc.)
- Create on and off campus opportunities for socializing and discipleship
- Communicate regularly with parents
- Find ways for students to lead within our church (worship team, kids’ ministry, service projects, etc.)
- Evidence of a growing relationship with God
- Agreement with our mission and values
- Active participation in the life of our church
- Self-motivated and efficient
- Driven, but kind
- A genuine love for the next generation and a long-term desire to work with that age group (We are not interested in hiring someone who views student ministry as a stepping stone).
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- A working knowledge of Scripture
- Proven ability to design and build something
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong administrative abilities and follow through
A SUCCESSFUL FIRST YEAR WILL LOOK LIKE:
- 30-40 students regularly participating in the ministry
- A meaningful presence established at 2-3 local schools
- Weekly connections with students
- Monthly connections with parents
- Monthly events for students to invite their friends to
- Students stepping into visible leadership roles in our church
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter, resume, and two references to Ryan Lokkesmoe, Lead Pastor: email@example.com.
*If we decide to proceed to an interview, we will ask for a video teaching sample and a strategic plan of how you would establish and grow the ministry during the first year.
Real Hope Community Church
1400 3rd Street
September 8, 2022