Fellowship Bible Church(www.fbcrc.org) is a growing gospel centered church in Murfreesboro, TN. Murfreesboro is one of the fastest growing cities in the United States. Our city has grown from just under 60,000 residents to over 150,000 residents in the last twenty years. Over that same time period, more than a thousand housing units and apartments have been built within a few miles of our church and Murfreesboro is expected to continue that type of growth over the next decade.
This is a new position created to support the growth of the ministry. The new hire will work with the current Student Pastor who has 15 years of youth ministry experience. The is an excellent opportunity to be discipled and mentored in in a gospel centered student ministry.
The role as the Student Ministry Pastor is to guide our church’s cultivation of connected followers of Christ among middle school and high school age students. The Student Pastor will do this by encouraging, equipping and resourcing students, leaders, and parents. The Student Pastor will ensure that our church provides engaging environments for students where biblical truth can be explored, understood and applied in the context of the gospel.
- As a COMMUNICATOR: the student pastor will develop and deliver messaging in various forms for the purpose of teaching, informing, equipping, and encouraging students and small group leaders.
- This primarily includes delivery of expository sermons to students, training events, and social media communications.
- As a PLANNER the student pastor will coordinate and facilitate strategic planning focused on equipping students, leaders, and parents on how to “make disciples who make disciples”.
- As an EQUIPPER he will recruit, train, and disciple the Student Ministry Team. This is a team of high school students who are trained to follow Jesus, lead prayer groups, share the gospel, and lead discipleship groups.
- This may also include equipping of college age leaders.
- As a SHEPHERD of students, the Student Pastor will help foster an atmosphere of grace and truth. He will build rapport with students and families to equip them with biblical truth, be available for pastoral care concerns, and help students in crisis. He will devote time to intercessory prayer for students.
- As a DISCIPLE-MAKER, the student pastor will reflect a lifestyle that Loves God, Loves Others, and Makes Disciples
- Love God – engage in personal daily worship through prayer and bible reading
- Love Others – engage in a community group and serve with giftings
- Make Disciples – engage in personal evangelism and discipleship
- As a CONNECTOR, the Student Pastor will help develop and maintain ministry systems to accomplish the following:
- Onboard and assimilate new students to small groups, prayer group, and discipleship groups
- Connect families to FSM’s parent group communication.
- Maintain visible presence in schools.
- Examples… attend lunch, school activities, sporting events… etc
- Help students connect with campus ministries
- Explore partnerships with FCA, Young Life, or First Priority for campus outreach/involvement
- ***REPORTING RELATIONSHIP***
This role reports directly to the lead Student Pastor (Benji Baker
- Collect resumes until May 7th
- Narrow down top 10 candidates based off resumes(notify by May 11th)
- Send online application to top 10 candidates(completed by June 2nd)
- Setup zoom interviews with candidates(June 3rd-18th)
- Select 2 candidates for in person interviews with Benji and Elders(Late June-Early July)
- Select candidate for the position after in person interviews
- August 1st start date.
Please send all questions and resumes to Benji Baker (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Fellowship Bible Church
4236 Veterans Pkwy
April 12, 2021