When you ask us what we do at MCC, you won’t just get a job description; you’ll hear a story. We are passionate about using our talents for God’s purposes and that’s why we’ve dedicated our careers to a ministry, not just a job title. We have the privilege of helping people take one step closer to Christ. As we do, we strive to be risk-taking, irrationally generous, spiritual contributors who laugh hard and honor God with integrity.
We want a Student Pastor who will oversee all aspects of MCC’s ministry to 6th-12th grade students, helping them take one step closer to Christ. This person serves the mission by overseeing the spiritual growth of students, connecting them to Community, to Christ, and to His Cause. Keep reading if you think you’re up for the challenge.
- Knowledgeable in Student Ministries with at least 3 years of experience.
- Thrive when leading, delegating, and organizing all things MCC Students.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to relate to others, especially students and their parents.
- Exceptionally organized with annual planning.
- Able to inspire and motivate team members to give their best.
- Unquestionable integrity and authenticity.
- Responsible for the implementation, and evaluation of the vision for Student Ministry, including deep integration of student and adult ministries.
- Partner with parents of Middle and High School students by maintaining good communication and involving parents in ministry opportunities.
- Oversee the planning of Sunday Student Services.
- Oversee the Student Worship Band with the help of Worship Ministry.
- Ensure that Student Centers reflect a professional, attractional and Christian environment.
- Develop positive relationships with middle and high school students by being a mentor, friend and positive role model.
- Plan and coordinate camps, conferences, and retreats for Middle and High School students. As well as serve on a Dean Team for Middle School Summer Camp.
- Plan and coordinate student transitions (5th to 6th grade, 8th to 9th grade, and 12th to graduation).
- Oversee mission projects for Middle and High School students to grow in service to the Lord.
- Promote and participate in programs and activities outside of Maryland Community Church related to students in the community.
- Attend all staff meetings and retreats, as directed by your supervisor.
- Meet with your supervisor bi-weekly or as needed. Work with your supervisor to establish ministry goals and objectives by prioritizing related programs, and evaluating progress regularly.
- Prepares annual student budget in accordance with overall vision for the church. Responsible for keeping expenditures in the Student Ministry at or below budget.
- Plan and coordinate a Student Missions Fundraiser to fund a student mission budget for mission trips and projects.
- Officiates weddings and funerals, makes hospital visits and provides for the pastoral care of the community as a part of the pastoral team, as needed.
- Reports to the 46 Campus Pastor.
What it looks like:
- Implementing the systems at MCC to help build students and leaders to help them take one step closer to Christ.
- Recruiting, building, and retaining volunteers, pouring into them to help them grow in their relationship with Christ so they can pour into students.
- Continually seeking inspiration to help MCC Students grow
To find our application go to https://www.mccth.org/employment-opportunities
All forms can be sent electronically to email@example.com or printed forms can be dropped by the office at our Highway 46 campus between 8am and 5pm, Monday-Friday. (Note: the office is closed between noon and 1PM for lunch.) Deadline to submit forms for this position is September 2, 2022.
Maryland Community Church
4700 S State Rd 46, Terre Haute, IN 47802
August 4, 2022