>> Apply HERE! <<
Weekly Attendance: 350
Location: Columbus, Ohio
The Role: Student Pastor
Meet Mountview Christian Church:
Mountview Christian Church is a Non-Denominational church serving Upper Arlington, Ohio, and surrounding communities. We are an intergenerational church of approximately 350 people, primarily made up of young families in a close-knit community. It is just minutes away from a burgeoning downtown that features cultural arts, professional and collegiate sports, and eclectic eateries along with all that comes with being the state capital.
Our vision is simple, “Growing Together in Jesus.” Everything we do and the community we have formed serves this purpose. We are guided by the Great Commandment to “Love God and love our neighbors” and the Great Commission to “go and make disciples” so that others can experience the great privilege of knowing Jesus and connecting with His people.
About the Student Pastor:
The next Mountview Student Pastor will be one who leads, shepherds, and manages all aspects of Student Ministry. The ideal candidate for the position of Student Pastor provides vision, leadership, and overall oversight to an existing ministry that has the capacity to grow in number, effectiveness, and influence.
Despite being without permanent leadership, Student Ministry has not only maintained its function, but it has also grown progressively throughout the last four years. Fueled by a dedicated team of mature and committed volunteer leaders and direction from our Senior Pastor, students have experienced God’s love in an environment that is highly relational, culturally engaging, and intentional about spiritual growth. Additionally, the larger church holds Student Ministry in high regard and as a critical component to the health and vitality of the church as a whole.
While the preferred candidate will have proven leadership experience and competency, it is equally vital that they be a person of unwavering character and steadfast commitment with an authentically passionate heart for students and their families. This individual will understand the importance of collaboration and the value of being coached and building teams, as well as initially mentoring future adult and student leaders within the context of current trends in student ministry, in order to develop this community of faith to become fully devoted followers of Christ.
The Student Pastor Will Be Responsible For:
- Responsible for creating, integrating, and implementing an Engagement Pathway in concert with other ministry areas that include a purposeful strategy for individual spiritual growth of students.
- Leadership and implementation of communication strategy to promote a pathway and discipleship program to students, their families, and the church.
- Work closely with parents of students to increase and improve their ability and confidence to be the primary discipling influence for their students.
- Lead the evaluation, design, implementation, and execution of student discipleship program (including planning, budget, etc.).
- Coaching and development of key leaders and volunteers.
- Performance management.
- Develop a Student Ministry Team that is diverse and includes individuals currently engaged in Student Ministry.
- Oversee finances, facilities, policies and procedures, and other operational functions necessary to ensure the effectiveness of student ministry, safety, and outcomes, etc.
What You Bring:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Experience and Skills
- Three or more years of proven leadership in student ministry.
- Has potential to thrive in their role within the context of the vision and mission of Mountview Christian Church.
- Has a proven track record of working in a setting committed to reaching and discipling students and families with a high degree of innovation, recruitment, and retention of new students.
- Strong strategic leadership skills.
- Excellent people skills; a people-oriented leader.
- Experience in student ministry team formation and equipping.
- Experience in developing, shepherding, and nurturing volunteer leaders.
- Excellent communication skills in one-on-one, small and large group settings, and someone who will be at ease on the platform speaking to the congregation.
- The education and experience in this field that readily displays the ability to fulfill the aforementioned responsibilities.
- A mature, well-grounded, and well-articulated personal faith in Jesus Christ.
- A deep grasp and knowledge of the Bible and Christian theology.
- Willingness to serve as a Christ-like role model.
- A passion for keeping our students connected to Christ, each other, their families, and to this community.
- A desire to develop, enhance, and expand components of the current student ministry program.
- A proven capability to recruit and develop leaders.
- An unrelenting passion for leading others to faith.
- A proven commitment to equipping key players and releasing them to do their ministry within appropriate boundaries.
What It’s Like to Live in Columbus, Ohio:
Columbus, Ohio is a “smaller large” Midwestern city (fifteenth largest city in the United States) with 2-million residents who call it home. It is an incredibly diverse city, exploding with new businesses, one-of-a-kind art galleries, significant new sports facilities, award-winning eateries, and family attractions like the world-renowned Columbus Zoo. Its bustling downtown district and diverse suburban neighborhoods have made the city a considerable attraction to young families.
Columbus has emerged as a technologically sophisticated city with the world’s largest private research and development foundation, the Battelle Memorial Institute, and The Ohio State University, the nation’s third-largest campus. It is a highly academic community that values intellectual capacity and is home to several other institutions of higher learning, including Capital University, Columbus State Community College, Columbus College of Art and Design, Franklin University, Ohio Dominican University, and Otterbein University.
Defined by progress, Columbus is a city that is growing and thriving with young churches, young professionals, and young families. Columbus ranked #1 as an Opportunity City, #11 among Best Places for Business and Careers, and #35 in National Job Growth, on Forbes.
Mountview Christian Church
April 6, 2022