Meet Centerpoint Church:
In the fall of 2009, a handful of men began to meet in a local Cracker Barrel restaurant for Bible Study and accountability. It wasn’t long before that group of men grew into a few dozen people gathering for worship in a living room in Prattville, Alabama. This group of believers was looking for something more than their normal church experience- they wanted to experience authentic relationships, engage in meaningful worship, and embrace God’s purpose like never before.
In just a few weeks, this new spiritual family outgrew that living room. A fledgling church, without a name and without a pastor, began to gather in a local hotel conference center. The people knew the church was more than a building, more than a name, and more than a personality. The church was the people of God to love God, love others, and make disciples of Jesus Christ.
Today Centerpoint has become a family of congregations that continues to follow God’s Word, develop authentic relationships, and keep ministry simple so that together we can share the good news of Jesus Christ everywhere we go. Though we meet in multiple locations- living rooms, restaurants, hotel conference centers, YMCA gyms, and traditional church buildings- we strive to share the same spirit of community, worship, and mission as those early home group gatherings. We are still ordinary people trusting that God will use us to impact the world for His glory and, hopefully, to fulfill the Great Commission in our generation.
We still believe the last words of Jesus should be the first concern of His Church, “…go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20)
The Great Commission was not recorded for Jesus’ original 12 disciples. It was preserved in Scripture for us. Every Christian is responsible for this call and this purpose for His church. We are not called to simply be disciples- each of us is called to become disciple-makers.
About the Student Pastor:
The Centerpoint Student Ministry is devoted to leading students in 7th-12th grade to center their lives on Christ. By teaching truth through God’s Word and being culturally relevant, staff and volunteer leaders develop relationships with students during weekly experiences, small groups, and serving opportunities. This position will also equip, encourage, and communicate with parents. You will attend student functions at schools and home school events, grow relationships with the education community, and provide students and their families with biblical counseling. To be successful in this position, you need to provide students with a place to belong that gives them the courage to be different and resilient to unhealthy peer pressure. Ideal candidates should have a proficient understanding of the challenges students face and be compassionate. If you naturally connect with adult leaders and students and you’re passionate about leading them to Christ, check out what it will take to be a Centerpoint Student Pastor.
The Student Pastor Responsibilities Include:
- Overseeing the curriculum and the environments (fun and encouraging) that lead students to center their lives on Christ.
- Equipping and encouraging parents to participate in the daily spiritual development of their student’s relationship with Christ.
- Recruiting, training, and leading adult volunteers and student leaders.
- Developing a ministry plan and calendar of events, trips, and mission opportunities.
- Maintaining policies and procedures to provide a safe and secure environment for students.
- Developing and overseeing Student Ministry budget and equipment/resource acquisition.
- Attending and participating in staff meetings.
- Interacting with students during Sunday services.
- Sharing program plans through social media.
- Displaying a Christ-like approach and lifestyle, and praying regularly for students in the church and community.
- Incorporating students into various church ministries.
- Growing students in the knowledge of God and His Word.
- Overseeing weekly student worship experiences that include many technical components and a live band.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- 2+ years of ministry experience is required.
- An undergraduate degree in theology, biblical studies, or student ministry is preferred.
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- Evident relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Equipped to train future leaders.
- Personable and can communicate to and relate well with partners and parents.
- Ability to attract willing volunteers.
- A true disciple-maker.
- Highly energetic.
- Ambitious and self-motivated.
- Willingness to take risks.
- Great sense of humor.
- Proficient understanding of challenges and needs of students.
- Excellent computer skills, and proficiency with social media.
- Outstanding organizational skills, as well as communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Available to work extended hours, evenings, over weekends and public holidays, and on short notice.
- Being a team player who collaborates with all ministries during weekend experiences.
What it’s Like to Live in Prattville, Alabama:
Prattville is a suburb of Montgomery, Alabama with a population of about 36,000. Most residents tend to own their homes and the median home value and rent are affordable, making this place perfect for families and young professionals. This is a relatively quiet and safe community with ample outdoor activities for families and an above-average school system. Prattville has a diverse population making this place welcome for tourists and locals from any background. There are many opportunities for jobs and education making this town easy to thrive in.
Prattville also offers easy access to larger surrounding cities such as Birmingham and Tuscaloosa for those who are looking for variety and popular college teams such as the University of Alabama and Auburn football. In this town, anyone will be able to find a space to call home.
1200 McQueen Smith Rd S, Prattville, AL 36066
February 1, 2022