Title: Student Pastor
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Based at: Pendleton Christian Church
Hours required: 40+ hours per week.
The Student Pastor is responsible to oversee the growth, development, and discipleship of students at PCC. This position requires a firm grasp of the beliefs, values and strategy of PCC and the ability to build teams with its mission, vision, and values. The Student Pastor will serve as the spiritual leader and role model for the students and adults serving in the Student Ministry Community. The Student Pastor will facilitate relational connection and spiritual growth of students through weekly gatherings, groups, volunteer teams and special events.
PCC Competencies and Expectations
- Fully embraces the mission, vision, and values or Pendleton Christian Church.
- Be reliable, take initiative, and be self-motivated.
- Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation, and creativity.
- Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Have a healthy, cooperative, and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers, and volunteers.
- Recruit and develop Student Ministry Team of volunteer adults to meet the needs of the Student Ministry.
- Provide leadership, direction and training for all Student Ministry volunteers.
- Review, purchase and oversee the implementation of all curriculums and supplies for both large and small group teaching environments (6th-12th grades).
- Implement and develop programming and resources for discipleship of students
- Equip parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their child.
- Foster relationship with parents; partnering with them to equip them to spiritually lead their child.
- Meet regularly with Lead Pastor to discuss ministry strategy and effectiveness.
- Key Influencer and shaper for key Student Ministry Large Events (Adventure Camp, etc.)
- Responsible for weekly programming for both Jr. High and High School Ministries.
- Develop content and social media engagement to take Student Ministry conversations beyond Wednesdays and Sundays.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, SPIRITUAL GIFTS:
- Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude and behavior.
- A passion for Student Ministry and seeing families grow together in their faith.
- 2-5 years of management experience.
- Proven ability to produce results through people. Must be able to lead, manage, and build teams.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, while maintain good judgement in decision making and prioritization.
- Competency with basic computer software (Excel, Word, Publisher), and Database Software.
- Detail oriented.
Ministry Success Factors
Title: Student Pastor
Ministry success factors are provided to give the staff member an understanding of what key measurement indicators will be used to first and foremost, move the ministry and church vision forward through this position. If a staff member is meeting the success factors outlined here, they can have confidence that they are performing their responsibilities to a satisfactory level.
- Parents of students will feel comfortable leading their children in PCC Student Ministry Environments.
- Ministry teaching topics and events scheduled 1-3 months in advance.
- Recruit and train new Student Ministry volunteers.
- Have background checks filled out and checked before volunteers begin serving.
- Meet with supervisor at least two times per month.
- Assist in other areas as requested.
- Develop leadership in self and others.
- Build and maintain healthy relationships with the church staff and area volunteers.
- Grow spiritually by attending regular worship services and other growth opportunities.
To apply please send resume as well as both a written teaching example and a link to a video example of you teaching.
Pendleton Christian Church
1170 S. Pendleton Ave, Pendleton
September 15, 2021