This position provides support to Elmbrook Student Ministries while gaining a variety of experiences. The position requires a person who desires to invest in the lives of students through relationship and programming support. Student Interns will work with the year round Student staff to provide engaging weekly programs and life changing weeklong camps. They will also be able to invest in the lives of students through some one on one conversations. They will gain practical ministry experience to determine future ministry goals. Each intern will have a focus area for the summer with additional responsibility. Those focus areas may be by programming or by stage (MS, HS, College) however interns will still participate in all areas.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrate a vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Actively participant and/or attend Elmbrook during the internship.
- Support and endorse the statement of faith, core values and vision.
- Be ministry minded, potentially seeking ministry as a vocation.
- Possess the ability to multitask and provide creative ideas to the planning of ministry.
- Demonstrate organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Communicate effectively with a variety of personalities.
- Be proficient in computer skills with a willingness to learn new software (teamwork, EMS, Microsoft Office suite).
- Build positive and healthy relationships with other staff, the congregation and the Elmbrook community.
- Be able to engage in physical activities with students and set up ministry and camp.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Must be available to attend Student Camps June 21-28.
- Engage in training (book reading, etc) with other interns and staff team.
- Participate in staff and team meetings.
- Attend and help plan weekly MS, HS or college programming.
- Attend all camps and events for ministry area during the summer.
- Communicate and invest in leaders and students.
- Prepare and lead a small group of students during ministry.
- Invest in teaching opportunities (min. 2 will be provided).
- Help create a welcoming environment for students to enter.
- Actively participate in ministry prep/take down for weekly ministry (gather supplies, set, up, clean-up).
- Participate and lead worship experiences for students. (If applicable)
This position is temporary, full time, hourly and classified as non-exempt
40 hours/week from Mid-May 2020 to Mid-August 2020
Salary – $10.40/hour
Holidays – Student Ministry Summer Interns are eligible for holiday pay. There are 10 holidays recognized by Elmbrook Church as paid holidays; refer to the Staff Handbook for specific details.
Apply at the following link, https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=39416&clientkey=347C5DDBD3EC44CFDFACED545786CFBE
777 S. Barker Rd. Brookfield, WI 53045
March 10, 2020