Student Ministry Intern
Calvary Bible Church – Erie Campus
Calvary Bible Church is one church in two locations: Boulder and Erie, Colorado. Our Boulder campus was founded in 1889 and we launched our Erie Campus in 2006. If you’d like to learn more about our history, you can do so via our website at https://calvarybible.com/about/history/. Currently, we are averaging roughly 1100 people in attendance at the Erie Campus on Sunday mornings. On average, we minister to 230 unique students per month (130 MSM and 100 HSM). Our church is growing and we hope to find someone who can help take our ministry to the next level.
Student Ministry Interns work directly with Student Ministry Directors to help implement weekly programs, build relationships with students, learn to empower leaders and develop ministry skills in areas of interest.
Our goal is to help confirm an interns calling to ministry. Every intern completes our Calvary Student Ministry (CSM) Training Course in order to equip him/her to lead a spiritually vibrant and healthy student ministry. We work hard to help every intern leave CSM ready to lead a student ministry of his/her own.
$12,000 – $14,000 per fiscal year
20 hours per week with some evenings and weekends
Internship commitment will be reviewed annually
Faithful follower of Christ, hungry for God’s Word, proven leader, desire to make disciples.
- Born again with clear evidence of a godly lifestyle.
- In agreement with Calvary Bible Church Constitution.
- In agreement with student ministries philosophy of ministry.
- A call and desire towards student ministry.
During the internship, the intern will have achieved or made significant progress in the following areas:
- Develop as a spiritual leader in all areas of life (family, vocation, church).
- Develop his/her strengths and a call to ministry.
- Develop a personal philosophy of ministry.
- Learn how to work within the entire ministry team (i.e., students, worship, outreach, children, education, etc.).
- Gain insight into a full-time student ministry role at a church.
- Grow in your personal relationship with Jesus by loving God and loving others.
- Work with the student ministry leadership to assist in the implementation of the vision, values, and goals of the student ministry department.
- Work with the student ministry leadership to lead and implement disciple-making programs in Erie via gatherings on Sundays and mid-week as well as trips and events.
- Lead and guide the students in the student ministry to a deeper life in Jesus Christ and push them towards a disciple-making lifestyle.
- Assist with the development of curriculum, trips, and events for the student ministry to move students towards a disciple-making lifestyle.
- Assist in the connection and assimilation process of all incoming new students.
- Have an intentional emphasis with a small group of students by helping them live a disciple-making lifestyle.
- Serve as a member of the student ministry team and attend weekly student ministry team meetings.
- Communicate with leaders, parents, and students regarding the overall direction of the ministry and the tools we are using to help students grow.
- Assist in recruiting, developing, and training a team of volunteers to minister to students.
- Assist whenever called upon by the Director of Student Ministry.
- Interns need to have a love for the Lord, first and foremost.
- Interns need to have a servant heart.
- Interns need to have a teachable Spirit.
- Interns need to be willing to go the extra mile to develop as a minister.
- The Student Ministry Intern is directly accountable to the Director of Student Ministries in Erie for daily supervision.
- The Student Ministry Intern is responsible to the Calvary Bible Church Leadership Team and ultimately accountable to God.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to:
Calvary Bible Church
Calvary Bible Church
Evangelical Free Church of America
615 Evans St.
August 17, 2019