The Student Ministry Pastor assistant must possess a unique skill set, blending relational skills and attention to detail, with a high capacity for administrative duties. This position reports to and supports the Student Ministry Pastor. The ideal candidate must have the ability to communicate clearly, ability to prioritize well, manage another’s daily schedule, navigate and communicate through traditional manners as well as social media for both students and leaders as well as the desire to serve the people and fellow staff of Mariners Church South County.
Specific Ministry Responsibilities
- Maintain Student Ministry Pastors calendar; schedule meetings/events
- Organize/Plan/Execute Student Ministry Pastor hosted meetings/events and take notes when necessary.
- Communicate daily with the Student Ministry Pastor – daily agenda, changes in agenda, track urgent topics
- Manage Student Ministry Pastor’s time – on-time start & wrap-up of meetings
- Manage email, respond to email in a timely manner on behalf of the Student Ministry Pastor
- Liaise between the student ministry staff and Student Ministry Pastor when necessary
- Create Power Point presentations or similar
- Assist in creating, designing, and managing different modes of communication (social media, email/mailchimp/texting)
- Manage travel and itinerary for Student Ministry Pastor trips
- Manage Student Ministry budget & monthly financial review, meet monthly w/Finance Dept.
- Reconcile Student Ministry church-issued credit card statements
- Reconcile Student Ministry expense reimbursements
- Reporting relationship: Student Ministry Administrative Assistant will report to the Student Ministry Pastor and work alongside the Student Ministry Staff.
- Detail orientated, strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines
- Flexible team player, self-motivated and able to work well with diverse leaders & teams
- Familiarity with Keynote and Pro Presenter a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in Microsoft Word & Google Suite (calendar, email, docs)
- Gifted in hospitality, desire to serve, desire to ensure people are known and valued
- Requires some attendance at evening, weekend and holiday events, with advanced notice
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and in “All Play” church events
Qualifications: Here are some qualifications we are looking for in a Student Ministry Administrative Assistant. If you think you’d be a good addition to our team please apply today.
- Born-again Disciple of Jesus Christ
- Organized & Efficient
- Team Player
- Good Communication Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Working Knowledge of different computer programs designed to make your job more efficient.
- Problem Solver
- Youth Ministry Experience Preferred
Conditions of Employment:
- Maintain a consistent devotional time with God
- Attend Mariners Church South County and participate in Rooted/Life Groups
- Understanding of the privilege to serve the Lord in vocational ministry. Those who serve God on Mariners Church South County staff are expected to embrace a high biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle, both public and personal, and sign the Leadership Commitment Agreement
- All staff members must be in agreement with the vision and values of Mariners Church and adhere to the guidelines and conditions of employment as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
Mariners South County
32222 Del Obispo St.
July 31, 2019